Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Portsmouth

RattlerUK

I felt compelled to share my OPC Portsmouth experience with you all because put simply - it was THAT good!

First of all the work I had carried out:

1. Major Service.
2. Spark plug change.
3. Brake fluid change.
4. Driver's seat fixed (motor had gone).
5. Cylinder compression check:

1:17.9 Bar

2:18 Bar

3:18.1 Bar

4:18.1 Bar

5:18.5 Bar

6:18.1 Bar

6. Borescope (no signs of scoring :) )
7. £500 of minor detailing / cosmetic work including a nasty scrape on the front bumper and a small scrape on the passenger's door.
(Pricing was agreed prior to the work being undertaken).
8. Replacement service book.

It suited me from a work perspective to have the car with them for 7 days (Mon to Mon) but it was ready within 5 if I'd wanted it back.

Not only did they lend me a brand new Panemera as a courtesy car, they were also very understanding when I returned it with a slightly curbed alloy (small child in road).
I offered to pay for this but they wouldn't hear of it and didn't even charge me the excess £50 Insurance for the damage.

My car was returned to me in showroom condition, looking brand new. They had even treated the leather inside and not charged me for that.

All of this, coupled with the excellent communication from the staff (I was contacted with updates about the car as the work progressed) has led me to one conclusion: I WILL be using this OPC again for anything Porsche.

I know there are some great Indies out there and I know the OPC will insist on using OEM parts but the fact remains that I walked away feeling valued as a customer. I am also utterly convinced that the technitions who worked on the car knew absolutely what they were doing and enjoyed it in the process.

So there it is, if you're in the South and Hartech is a little bit far away for you - then it's worth checking OPC Portsmouth out.

Very impressed.

2002 3.6 996 TARGA 70,000K
(Yes, yes I'll get pictures on soon).

RattlerUK said:
1:17.9 Bar

2:18 Bar

3:18.1 Bar

4:18.1 Bar

5:18.5 Bar

6:18.1 Bar

Sorry, you lost me on this bit :?

I had my C2 given a minor service by this OPC a couple of weeks ago.
As the OP originally said I was also very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble and the Panamera hire car was a nice touch.

I use them too, great service.

They were perfectly happy for me to pick my service date based on what loan cars that had available; I fancied a 981 cayman.

They priced matched a set of PS2's for me too!

I came away with similar feelings from the OPC in Ferndown (Poole). Great service and the staff were extremely helpful. Also enjoyed a Cayman S as a courtesy car.

I did however specify for them not to clean my car - I've learnt from past mistakes that no one takes care of your paintwork better than yourself

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back