Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

temporary insurance

Stokepotter

Montreal
Well I guess times they must be a changing as in all the years I have been driving I have never been asked to provide my own fully comp Insurance when borrowing a garages courtesy car during service.
Anyway, that said my own Insurance company want £19 for 2 days which I will need as they only do from 00.00hrs to 23.59hrs when I really need from 17.00hrs until same time next day.
Anybody know of any company who can do it more in line with the hours I want and at a better price? I know it's not a lot but the competitive side of me wants to try and beat the price I have.

You have no chance of beating that.

I see your point with regard to being competitive and principles and so on, but if less than £10 per day is getting to you then tell your garage that you are going somewhere else.

I thought to myself before enquiring that a ball park figure would be £10 a day so no, that's not the problem or issue at all.
I guess I was just hoping that the day or 24hrs could start at a time more of use and practical.
So as is happens, in this case although I will only require the use of the car for less then 2hrs (driving time) I will have to pay for 2 days.
Anyway, I have no alternative given that my garage is 35 miles away. Oh well, as I said in original post, I guess it's the way of the world now and an extra £20 to add to service costs.

Cheers JC, yes, I have a guaranteed courtesy car for up to 21 days via my Insurance in the event of accident damage etc, in this instance, its for the use of a courtesy car whilst my car is in for service.

I think that must vary from OPC to OPC GT, wasn't I reading on here recently somebody had to pay so much the day before, think it was the thread regarding OPC Nottingham and the damaged tyre/wheel?

Unfortunately, it varies from customer to customer.

The STMs get a bonus if they don't tick the Insurance box.

So when you book, confirm the free courtesy Insurance, or exclaim your surprise at their meanness and that <another OPC/independent> is offering a courtesy car for free and you're sorry to have wasted their time, but they'll just have to cancel your many hundreds of pounds service.

Oddly the margins seem to cover the free Insurance when it's that or no work :dont know:

check your Insurance small print, you may be covered on your policy as the car is being loaned to you by a garage while yours is in for repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back