Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Saw my first RHD 911-50 today.

T8

Super Moderator
Saw my first RHD 911-50 today and my first 991 in 'Geyser Grey'.

Badly parked at the Tonbridge OPC.

Roro said:
That parking is truly amazing... :eek:

:grin:

What do you expect when its so big :hand: I'll take the SC next to it :thumb:

Must be my eyes, looks more like Doris Magnolia, rather than Geyser Grey :dont know:

T8 said:
The other car is the one that Tonbridge have restored as part of this years 911-50 birthday celebrations. It won an award last week as the best in its category.

It started off brown >> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=85152&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tonbridge

Really.... it looks like a total mongrel to me - neither an SC nor a 2.4S - I think because of the chrome treatment on the windows and non-SC wheels. Would look much nicer if they ditched the chrome and put the correct wheels on it

.. I mean... Bloody hell.. Who the hell signed that off.... :grin:

Will be at OPC Tonbridge on Wednesday morning, so will be good to see it in the flesh. I like it.

I'm there on Friday morning....the 991 just looks so big next to it !....don't
like the wheels one bit. :roll:

Roro said:
Really.... it looks like a total mongrel to me - neither an SC nor a 2.4S - I think because of the chrome treatment on the windows and non-SC wheels. Would look much nicer if they ditched the chrome and put the correct wheels on it

.. I mean... Bloody hell.. Who the hell signed that off.... :grin:

I take it that you've revised your thoughts of September 14th when you wrote:

"Wow, that's beautiful"

Another classic 'Roro U turn'.

:floor:

:floor:

It would appear so! Changing my mind is one of my favourite past times :D

I still maintain that it looks wrong. You can't mix chrome and black plastic, this car looks like an incomplete project rather than a restored 911 from a specific era.

Well, that's what I think [today] :grin:

With that many changes in direction, perhaps we should start calling you Yoyo instead :dont know:

:bandit:

I want to know if the Maser or Beemer option is ahead this week :dont know:

T8 said:
Saw my first RHD 911-50 today and my first 991 in 'Geyser Grey'.

Badly parked at the Tonbridge OPC.

I am trying to decide whether or not I like those wheels. In any event, the guy who parked it is lucky that he caught the curb at an angle that didn't take a chunk out of the alloy!!

I genuinely think you can tell quite a bit about someone from the way that they park, particularly if it is someone else's car. This tells of a "sod it, it'll do" ethic. Would you want this person doing your re-spray, for example? :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back