Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911-50 Goodwood Charity Trackday Sat 5th Oct 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete I just watched your adventure, I hope you are not to bruised bud :thumb:

But Pete who the feck says Woops-a-Daisy any more :floor:

You are true a Gent :worship:

Pete, I hope that you're not feeling any worse for wear, and I hope that
you get the car sorted out soon enough.

Just to add my thanks to the crew who organised such a brilliant day out and for raising a goodly amount for charity.

It was my first track day and by the end of six sessions I felt that I was close to getting the my best from the circuit, it is certainly a fast circuit and I thought extremely well marked for a novice driver such as myself.

I really thought the marshalling was excellent so a big thank you to them as we'll also to Parr who were also extremely helpful, all in it was one of my best car days, brilliant and I hope becomes an annual event on the 911uk calendar

P.s Pete sorry to see your off, I thought you had got away with it until I heard the thud but at least you were both ok, hope it doesn't cost too much to repair

My wife calls this bit "The Tow of Shame"

Chief says it was a bit like a funeral procession, he felt that they should've taken their hats off and bowed their heads as I passed!

My car has lowered springs but I haven't had the suspension done yet, so basically it goes down to the bump stops on braking then its just the tyres doing the work.

When it goes, you've got the same chance of holding it as in a go-kart.

I was going to do the bodywork as a winter project, so it's just brought it forward a bit. It means it all has to be done in one go, as opposed to spreading it out a bit. Only panel damage though, plus I'll have to find a rear PU.

The cars are pretty solidly made. I took it to my Indy this morning and we checked it. A more modern car would've been a lot more knackered.

Great news that the damage was not as bad as we all first feared. :thumb:

Did you see Paul Di Resta being a copycat yesterday? :grin:

I admire your spirit mate - that was me asking if you were ok on the vid coming back in - the shoddy bloke who you had to keep holding a space for when we were lining up to go out and i was going awol lol ! Went to the Italian breakfast club meet the next morning with my daughter - a few people wondering what happened who were wondering around on track. You ruined some lovely plants by the way - good shot !

Hope the repairs go well mate and look forward to seeing her in good health again :)

Attachments

• image_773.jpg
    image_773.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 709
another clip, Maxie as passenger, with Stroller passing me in his GT3, and Paul4S

PeterS said:
another clip, Maxie as passenger, with Stroller passing me in his GT3, and Paul4S

Cheers for the heads up on the clip, good to see different cars mixing it on track. :thumb:

PARR were great, very helpful, they reinflated my tyres for me at the end of the day. I forgot that I won a car cover for my GT3 in their raffle :thumb:

Cheesy pic i just spotted on the link posted above by apw (Hopefully that is not the actual car cover on the way to me in the post, a real size one might fit the car better :grin: )

b6c1d68bb1d6bcdbfedffb397ba73b1f_zpse3192b37.jpg

PeterS said:
My car has lowered springs but I haven't had the suspension done yet

What do you mean Pete? You have not changed shocks or you have not done alignment? Or other...? V glad the damage is not so bad!

Roro said:
PARR were great, very helpful, they reinflated my tyres for me at the end of the day. I forgot that I won a car cover for my GT3 in their raffle :thumb:

Cheesy pic i just spotted on the link posted above by apw (Hopefully that is not the actual car cover on the way to me in the post, a real size one might fit the car better :grin: )

You have me to thank for that as I was asked to draw the lucky ticket :thumbs:

Best to check first that the new one doesn't taste of chicken too!

PeterS said:
My wife calls this bit "The Tow of Shame"

Pete, Love the clip, the squeaky wheel makes it :lol:

***** happens.

If you are going to drive a 911 around a classic and fast race track with no soft edges then when ***** does happen you will undoubtedly bend a bit of metal. Top marks for giving it some stick and finding the limit :thumb:

The main thing is you and pax are safe and sound and you have a tale to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back