Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2013 Race 17 & 18 Silverstone

PCCGB13-46.jpg

PCCGB13-47.jpg

PCCGB13-48.jpg

PCCGB13-49.jpg

PCCGB13-50.jpg

PCCGB13-51.jpg

PCCGB13-57.jpg

Porsche News said:
spyderman said:
Pete Smallwood took the ProAm2 win in both races, together with the category championship for 2013.

This guy in ProAm2 is a joke and Porsche really need to sort this category out, he turns up wins his class as there is no other competition and as a result goes onto to win the title. This makes a mockery of all the hard work done by his race team PARR Motorsport and the rest of the field that are racing.

What an arrogant and disrespectful comment. "This guy" is a personal friend of mine, a fellow PCGB member from my region who has had the guts to race at the top level of Porsche motorsport in the UK. There are two other drivers registered in ProAm2 this season - is it his fault neither of them raced this round? How different is this from last season? Did you say the same about Tania Mann, another personal friend, who had the Aussie grit to be the first female to race in Carrera Cup GB? It's hardly the drivers' fault the series doesn't attract many drivers. I'm fortunate to race in a series where grid numbers are increasing but CCGB is not unique in only being able to field less than 10 cars.

Chris.

spyderman said:
Porsche News said:
spyderman said:
Pete Smallwood took the ProAm2 win in both races, together with the category championship for 2013.

This guy in ProAm2 is a joke and Porsche really need to sort this category out, he turns up wins his class as there is no other competition and as a result goes onto to win the title. This makes a mockery of all the hard work done by his race team PARR Motorsport and the rest of the field that are racing.

What an arrogant and disrespectful comment. "This guy" is a personal friend of mine, a fellow PCGB member from my region who has had the guts to race at the top level of Porsche motorsport in the UK. There are two other drivers registered in ProAm2 this season - is it his fault neither of them raced this round? How different is this from last season? Did you say the same about Tania Mann, another personal friend, who had the Aussie grit to be the first female to race in Carrera Cup GB? It's hardly the drivers' fault the series doesn't attract many drivers. I'm fortunate to race in a series where grid numbers are increasing but CCGB is not unique in only being able to field less than 10 cars.

Chris.

Chris, there is nothing arrogant or disrespectful in the analysis of the situation, the point is that this is no different to the issues facing ProAm2 last year, turn up, get a class win and go home as a Porsche Champion, that makes a mockery of the Championship.

It's a great championship, but this situation is not motor racing and does not make a worthy class champion.

Porsche Motorsport GB need to sort this out.

spyderman said:
Porsche News said:
spyderman said:

Chris.

Chris what has being a personal friend got to do with it, he is in the wrong championship, his race pace and lap times is the joke. Silverstone in both race 1 and 2 his qualifying pace was beaten by 3 of the GT3 Challenge runners, and in race 1 he was overtaken and finished behind 3 of the GT3 Challenge runners. Not forgetting the GT3 Challenge runners are in older, less powerful, lower downforce GT3 Cup Gen 1 997 cars whereas he is in a Gen 2 997 GT3 Cup Car. Where as in race 2, he was lucky that the top 3 GT3 Challenge runners crashed out on lap 1. You are 'racing' for a championship, which is racing, where as he's turned Pro2 class in the Eddie the Eagle Class. :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back