Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spectacular accident involving a Porsche 964 RSR

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pretty spectacular accident involving a Porsche 964 RSR, a barrier and a river.

Harry Kleinjan was taking part in this year's Hellendoorn Rally, when he appeared to go straight on rather than negotiate a right-hand bend. We can see his brakes locking up ahead of the impact, which also ripped both driver's side wheels off.

Whatever the reason, we're glad to say that Harry and his co-driver Bart den Hartog were unharmed following their flight.

Attachments

• 964_crash_130.jpg
    964_crash_130.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 45,798
Absolutely horrific.

They could've drowned too.

Dr ver error? Navigator error? There was no way he was ever going to make that corner.

PeterS said:
Absolutely horrific.

They could've drowned too.

Dr ver error? Navigator error? There was no way he was ever going to make that corner.

+1

Also, did you notice the lack of brightly coloured chevrons on the demolished barrier, we won't know if that was a contributory factor or not.
Certainly an effective way of dipping ones headlights though.

You beat me to it. I just saw that on You Tube and was going to post the link.

Driver or co-driver error I wonder :?:

:grin:

(and he's a Mod :roll: )

I understand the Titanic has just gone down too :eek:

Feel free to delete the thread buddy :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back