Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ECU performance chip for my 1988 3.2 cab

Hi does anyone know wheres a good place I can get my 3.2 chipped??
and is it worth it?? ive so far got a power tech exhaust back box with a straight through power tech silencer and a cone filter. many tanks Tom

Attachments

• porka_954.jpg
    porka_954.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 2,945
ECU chip upgrade

Yes, its definitely worth upgrading your ECU chip.

Improved torque and it raises the rev limiter. Basically makes it easier to access power at lower revs and the engine keeps pulling for longer.

I'd guess if you stuck one of these in with the mods that you've already made the car will really shift.

This chip comes in the post and it takes about 10 minutes to fit to your ECU (it lives under the passenger seat) . No special tools required. I fitted one with a spoon and a kitchen knife.

http://www.9tuning.com/911.asp

Nice car by the way

Regards

Quickstop

ECU chip upgrade

PS Meant to say, you'll need to run it on super unleaded, Tesco Super or Shell V Power is best ( 99ron)

Quickstop

Tuning on rolling road after being chipped

I think my car has also been chipped (as when I bought it there was an old chip in a bag with an instruction manual on how to swap out). However, is it worth then getting it tuned on a rolling road to check BHP and maximise performance ?

Not sure if there are any good ones around Bristol that people would recommend ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back