Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine compartment lid stuck

Dave49

Help.
My 930 has been laid up for a number of years and now I find I cannot open the engine compartment lid. The "t" shaped pull lever in the drivers door frame will not move, I do not want to apply too much force for fear of breaking it as it appears to be made of plastic .
I have sprayed WD40 into the crack on the lid but don't really know if I am getting close to the catch.
Any ideas? :?:

If you remove the trim under the rear window you will find the cable there. It goes along the shell of the car.
It could be a case of WD40 from inside the handle if not a set of pliers to pull the cable from inside the car will do the same as the handle to release the lid. This way you will not break the handle.

Thanks, I will try again tomorrow to see if the WD40 has done anything and if not I will try your pliers method.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back