Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Red 964 C4 - The Next Chapter

If you are taking the door card off to tighten that bolt, it might be a good time to get the door handle done.

I had to take the handle off my blue one as the lock mechanism had come loose, and now know that's it's only two nuts that hold them on.

Powder-coated / re-anodised, or painted?

I think I'm going to get mine re-anodised.

On mine, It has one side body colour, and the other side black. If gives me a chance to keep comparing which I prefer. I didn't even notice until I had had the car a month! (In fact I think it was my wife that pointed it out!)

I'm going to get them re-done black.

what was that Pete....

Drive it
Learn it
Love it
Prioritise

:D

Now that i have worked out how to post images correctly here a some more from my trip into the Mournes yesterday.
the day was only spoilt by slooooow sunday drivers

9655391672_a7b5561b9e.jpg

9652160961_69853fe328.jpg

9652162463_14e64be667.jpg

9655397090_5631934603.jpg

9655403396_9236fefb99.jpg

9652168143_7c1ea00484.jpg

9655399174_bbbdfee50e.jpg

With roads like that you need a G-pipe :grin:

what is the g-pipe zing? same as sports exhaust? decat?

Nice looking car. Great colour too! Enjoy!

Zingari, a g pipe is definitely on the list, especially as i had a direct comparison with PeterS's blue C2 on Saturday morning. The sound from it was amazing 8)

Hi,

That's a great looking motor, I love Guards Red after owing both a red SC and a 3.2 back in the 80's.

I'm going to put my SS Dansk system up for sale soon so may as well mention it here before it goes on general:

G Pipe (long), silencer, twin-outlets (you would need n/s under bumper quarter), twin exhaust tips.

I just haven't got round to putting it up yet after having all the engine work done. The main part of the system has done less than 1k miles and I wasn't expecting to have to change when I had the 3.8 build done but I needed new headers to get the best out of the performance. The G Pipe (has done less than 3k miles) was just over a year old and the rest of it was a year old in May. The car was off the road from last October, over winter.

I would sell the lot for half new price if anyone's interested. The system is near enough mint and needs a good home. I can get some photos from Redtek where it is at the moment.

Cheers,
Paul

Michael , my stomach turned a little when i read that Pete had sold "the" car even though its been gone from here for nearly a year .. i treasured that car and still do , i am so pleased to see your enthusiasm and to be able to follow the story of YBB .
My oldest son recently moved over to Ireland , it seems the Emerald Isle is calling ! , that car is just the greatest thing , something special .
If you want any photos etc , i have hundreds just let me know , i had a G pipe on it and it sounds the business , i did around 40,000 miles in it without any trouble . here is a link to a video i shot from the car, it starts and ends with your car ! . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD2XGYowERk Cheers Keith

I do like that video Keith. We had some good days out in 2012.

Are you coming to Beamish?

Hi Keith, the video is great, I'm looking forward to some days out like that :D
I would love to get as many photos from you as possible. I'm thinking of building up an electronic history as well as adding to the a4 file that PeterS passed onto me. I'll send you a pm with my details.
Your new Car looks great by the way, stone grey is a great colour and your wheels are spot on

:thumbs:

Jcx said:

Standard g-pipe replaces the secondary silencer and looks like a U bend connecting to the primary and standard tail pipe. You should be able to pick one up for less than £100 :thumb:

Zingari said:
Jcx said:

Standard g-pipe replaces the secondary silencer and looks like a U bend connecting to the primary and standard tail pipe. You should be able to pick one up for less than £100 :thumb:

Thx. Does it resonate?

Nope. Lovely sweet sound the way all air cooled should sound.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back