Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Red 964 C4 - The Next Chapter

crz21

So, I have finally ended the dream and I am now the very proud owner this wonderful Guards Red 964 C4.

Saturday 31st August started out with a typical grey overcast 7am flight to Birmingham. Things however took a very positive change upon landing, the sun had come out and there was PeterS in the 996 with the roof down to start off what would probably be the best Saturday I've had for a long long time

After introductions and a spirited drive to Pete's secret location, I was greeted by this glorious duo
9645010292_4564a84909.jpg

After looking over the car and seeing the great condition it is in, we took it for a quick test drive and I was hooked. The ear-to-ear grin appeared and it hasn't disappeared yet.

So the deal was finalised and off I set up the m6 toward Holyhead and the ferry home.
9645020186_54e71a1656.jpg

9645014130_f5ddba48f0.jpg

The car just ate up the miles on the motorway not missing a beat. A quick stop for fuel and then it was off across north Wales on the A55. I was driving along nice and relaxed, enjoying the sunshine with the sunroof open and the air-cooled engine in the background when I arrived at the first tunnel, I think the grin got bigger at this point. What a sound these cars make.

I arrived at the ferry in a very timely fashion and was boarded straight away with no hanging around.

9641776653_f144aa5791.jpg

The 3 hour crossing gave me plenty of time to read through the file of history that PeterS gave me and to brush up on my fledgling knowledge of the wonderful 964.

Docking in Dublin and straight into the Dublin Port Tunnel for more glorious 964 air cooled soundtrack
A quick blast up the motorway back into Northern Ireland towards home, and after almost 300miles of motorway and dual carriageways, I turned onto a little stretch of road between Bainbridge and Warringstown. Glorious long sweeping bends, straight sections long enough to pass anyone holding you up, followed by some quick left right bends. The 964 was simply amazing.

A big thank you to PeterS for yesterday, and I hope you enjoy your Blue C2 as much as I know I am going to enjoy this car.

So as the new custodian of this wonderful, amazing, brilliant Guards Red C4, I'm off to spend the afternoon in the Mourne Mountains

Michael :grin:

Welcome aboard Mike :thumb: Let's see you finish off what Pete started. You've got some catching up to do :roll:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Congratulations & welcome, we like happy endings.

Cheers,
Paul :bye:

thanks for the warm welcome.
I plan to use the 964 as much as possible and continue with Pete's good work.

after todays drive through the mountains i have my first job to attend to! the drivers door has developed an anoying rattle. hopefully it'll not take to much to sort.
pictures and details will of course follow

Michael

Attachments

• mourne_mountains_271.jpg
    mourne_mountains_271.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 46,769
crz21 said:
after todays drive through the mountains i have my first job to attend to! the drivers door has developed an anoying rattle. hopefully it'll not take to much to sort.

Demand your money back!

Sounds like a great Porsche adventure!

Ian

If it has, it'll be the door window frame mounting screw. Page 3 of my thread, about half way down.)

Take the door card off and there are some screws that hold it on, near the bottom of where the window winds down to. I've already done it once, it sounds like they have come loose again.

It will be the lower one one the front part of the frame.

The other good news is, once you have done that, you will get the hang of how these cars come apart.

The bad news is, once you start tinkering, you are hooked forever.

If you need any help, just pick up the phone.

Pete - is that a pic of your secret bunker :dont know: Plus it looks like you've been on that private plate thread :hand:

Pete, it does sound like a bracket/bolt has worked it's way loose. Blame our lovely roads for that!
I think I'm at the top of the slippery slope of mods already, suspension upgrade, some new cup 1 wheels, tear drop mirrors, g pipe...... Just don't tell the GF :D

Michael

Don't you love it when a plan comes together...

Looks Fab and you could not have picked a better colour...

Good Luck

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Don't fall for the "must have Cup 1" balderdash.

Spend your money on other stuff or wait a bit.

Those Turbo Twists are fine for now.

Drive it

Learn it

Love it

Prioritise.

Just my advice.

The suspension will make the wheels look better.

Bilsteins?

That was the route I would've taken, and they will be going on the blue one, as soon as my B and B is sorted and I can go back into upgrade mode.

Whoops, they will be going on my one, I no longer need to explain which colour.

:sad:

Yep, the turbo twists are growing on me, but I have always liked cup ones or a set of BBS LM's

Bilsteins and h&r springs seem to be the items of choice, but I will be getting to know the car before I do anything to it.

Welcome aboard Michael. Pete's car is a good un. However, like the rest of us you will be spending a sh** load of cash on it and you won't mind :grin:

Enjoy the car. :thumb:

congrats michael, looks lovely! I hope to pick up my new red one this coming week - assuming the PPI goes swimmingly. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back