Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Single DIN Sat Nav - Cascade 7944, ideal for the 911

Agreed - moving the contents of the centre console around is straightforward, but look out for the price of any extra trim you may need. The dealer I got mine from needed to replace the passengers side centre console side panel because I wanted the phone bracket removed and the bit of plastic cost him not much short of a ton.

Just received the pair of Infinity Speakers I ordered. I see in the spec that these are 2 ohm, while the amp output and headunit are 4 ohm.

Does this matter?

TimS said:
Just received the pair of Infinity Speakers I ordered. I see in the spec that these are 2 ohm, while the amp output and headunit are 4 ohm.

Does this matter?

Not really, they'll draw twice as much load but this will be offset by an increase in speaker sensitivity ie. a 90dB/W speaker at 2 ohms will draw the same power as a 87dB/W speaker at 4 ohms.

I have a MY2003 C4 Cab which has a CD23 currently installed, reading up the CD23 has the MOST connections!! am I right in saying that the Becker Cascade is compatible with my vehicle and has the MOST connections also

Becker single din sat nav opinion.

When i 1st laid eyes on this after seeing the sat nav function i dismissed it as a very old antiquated unit that wasn't worth the time reading the inch thick Manuel :roll: .
There is so many people dissing the later units let alone this stone age technology i thought it was worth typing my misguided 1st impressions :hand: .
This little unit has post code input and route selection and it actually works, i ran it in conjunction with my latest tom tom the other day and it was without fault, sure it doesn't have speed camera detection but combined with my parrot blue tooth and mobile phone camera data base it is worthy of a usable device and indeed not the dinosaur i 1st thought :thumb: .
Anyone else think the same or have you all chucked it in the bin and i have lost my sanity :eek: .

I have an Indianapolis in my 944 and it took us to Guildford and back quite happily today. For a single din unit that looks very oem I'm very pleased. Just a shame Becker have stopped supplying the UK.
I suppose I should say I have no experience of any other satnav - I occasionally use the gps on my phone but each car still retains a map book!

Re: Becker single din sat nav opinion.

mak said:
.........sure it doesn't have speed camera detection .......

It does if you run it with 2013 BMW map data with speedtrap database :)

x3 beeps when approaching a fixed position speed camera even when not using the sat nav function :thumb:

You can run it with 2012 maps on the standard 2GB card but need to use a 4GB sandisc card for 2013 maps (they are just too big to fit on 2GB)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back