Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So, Adrian Flux rings me today ...

Last year's (current) policy was £343.50 agreed value, so only £140 different, and I guess may go down this year.

I think to was breaching the psychological £200 limit that caught my attention.

Roro said:
I think it's great that pensioners get such good deals on their car Insurance, it keeps them on the roads in their antiques a bit longer.
8)

+1
and gives them extra pocket money for new cardigans! :grin:

GT4 said:

No no no! Where do the used tissues and werthers go :dont know:

Ok, the tissues get shoved up the sleeves, but won't somebody please think of the werthers :sad:

OK. I think this one has been beaten to death, but here is my example:
I have insured with LV for years, both cars, house, travel etc.
This years quote for renewal was the best yet at £265 for 6K miles PA protected bonus etc. but NO agreed value. (the premium has dropped every year for the 993 for the last 3 years)

I called them on a number of occasions to try and get an agreed value, but they wouldn't budge. In the end I dragged it out of them what they meant by market value and their answer was: "It's what's listed in reputable car price guides" When I pressed them even harder on the threat of leaving they "suggested" that it would be around 15K in good condition.
There endeth my long and happy car Insurance association with LV.
I went to Classicline. OK their policy is 3K PA, and the quote was £20 dearer but I got an agreed value on the car and peace of mind.
If the worst should happen, I know what will receive as a pay out and I won't have to go through the stress of fighting the Insurance company and their lawyers.
ATB
Steve.

chimp911 said:
Ok, the tissues get shoved up the sleeves, but won't somebody please think of the werthers :sad:

I like to keep them warm in a hip pocket.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back