Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche shares

MisterCorn

Fuji
There is an article in the FT this weekend about Porsche shares trading at a 25% discount to underlying assets (company valued at 17.5Bn but has 23Bn worth of VW shares and 2.5Bn in cash). I was just wondering if anybody owned any or had any views on them?
I'm thinking along the lines of the investors who say you should go with companies you know and love....

MC

MisterCorn said:
There is an article in the FT this weekend about Porsche shares trading at a 25% discount to underlying assets (company valued at 17.5Bn but has 23Bn worth of VW shares and 2.5Bn in cash). I was just wondering if anybody owned any or had any views on them?
I'm thinking along the lines of the investors who say you should go with companies you know and love....

MC

They are trading at a discount because there are still some law suits pending as a result of alleged market manipulation back in 2008/2009 when it looked as if Porsche would buy out VW, rather than the other way around. Some hedge funds and others got caught in a short squeeze and are crying foul.
In my view there is more potential to the up-side than to the down-side when that issue is finally resolved.

You'd have to be brave to put your cash in shares right now and even braver to stick it in a bank. :nooo:

Rialas said:
You'd have to be brave to put your cash in shares right now and even braver to stick it in a bank. :nooo:

Put yr cash in Porsche by all means but the air cooled variety rather than the Co. :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back