Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

The silver car you have is the best looking car I think I have ever seen :grin: Must get one :p

Car looks Great Jon - congrats on the purchase.

And you have the best colour of course! :thumb:

rottenbend said:
Welcome jonttt :welcome:

As has been said not being 100% PC but 100% OCD you should fit in well round these parts :thumb:

Lovely car :D

The Roof Cover Moulding is the bit of plastic at the rear of the roof that houses the high level brake light.

The On-board computer is quite a rare option which my car has too.

OBC standard fit to the 4S.

Great car, but then I'm a little bias. Welcome

dommorton said:
OBC standard fit to the 4S.

Never knew that. Thanks Dom :thumb:

Congrats :thumb:

You won't be disapointed, the 4S is an excellent model to have.

Are you sure that they are hollow spokes, they will be flat on the back whereas the standard fitment solids have two recesses running the length of the rear of each spoke.

elee said:
The silver car you have is the best looking car I think I have ever seen :grin: Must get one :p

Haha!

Welcome. Lovely looking thing but I guess I would say that. You may know the spec of all the Z3Ms here but time to get to know all 181 993 4Ss ! Welcome to the mad house.

First off I'm a little tipsy so may have to edit psots in the morning :oops:

The car definately has hollow spokes, I checked all 4 and they are smooth on the back with no recesses. I guess they must have been swapped at some point.

I hope Porsche are as accommodating as BMW were in my research. Its all about getting in touch with the right people. Maybe a job for next winter :?:

Dream911 said:
...... If you want to swap then I've got a set of wide body solids so perhaps we could "do a deal".

Sounds good, swap and £500 your way ?

Did I mention I was drunk, you wouldn't take advantage of me would you :hand:

jonttt said:
Dream911 said:
...... If you want to swap then I've got a set of wide body solids so perhaps we could "do a deal".

Sounds good, swap and £500 your way ?

Did I mention I was drunk, you wouldn't take advantage of me would you :hand:

Only took you 4 posts before your first drunk post. Guess thats why you were lurking for so long :grin:

Anyway, pm me if you want to work out a deal.

Stunning 993 C4S. :thumb:

I like the red BMW as well. Great choice of cars

jonttt said:
I211
I235
Most are easy enough to understand but:

- what are the first 2 "I" codes ?
- what does "M599 Roof cover Moulding" mean

Impress me  :mrgreen:

ps if anyone says "press car" I'll get my coat  :bandit:

I211 = Licence plate holder version 3 
I235 = Change of tyre manufacturer at production (not customer selectable)
M599 = "Dachblende" or roof visor (this is the high-level third brake light/spoiler on the top of the back window.

garage_gallery-714-1347810346.jpg

Great write up Jon. Felt the same when I was waiting to collect mine, seems like yesterday. Look forward to hearing your first impressions when you pick it up.

Have you gown your beard yet? :mrgreen:

Duffle coats also still available on eBay. I'd avoid the hemp shoes combined offer :hand:

Also check the option codes for the coat hooks as some cars destined for Eire had heavy duty ones fitted :grin:

Zingari said:
Duffle coats also still available on eBay. I'd avoid the hemp shoes combined offer :hand:

Also check the option codes for the coat hooks as some cars destined for Eire had heavy duty ones fitted :grin:

Rofl :floor: Classic Zing :thumb: .

GT4 said:
I211 = Licence plate holder version 3 
I235 = Change of tyre manufacturer at production (not customer selectable)
M599 = "Dachblende" or roof visor (this is the high-level third brake light/spoiler on the top of the back window.

Perfect, thank you

Zingari said:

Now that made me chuckle :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back