Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service Rip Off???

kpo1981

Had my 09 Cayman serviced on Friday with the fixed priced 4 year service for £610, just reading what it includes on the website and I should have had the spark plugs changed. However, it wasn't done but quoted on for over £320.

Am I interpreting this right? Should it have been included in the price?

Advice please...

Porsche web site , service section, your car , 4 years , big grey box , spark plugs .
I would say yes they are part of the service and included in the fixed price.

FLETCHER said:
Porsche web site , service section, your car , 4 years , big grey box , spark plugs .

Yeah I thought so, should make for am interesting discussion tomorrow morning

Pretty sure plugs are charged extra to the cost of the basic minor/major service. OPC have quoted you correctly from what I can gather.

The revised 996 service menu looks peanuts compared to yours. :lol:

FLETCHER said:

I read that as what should be done in adddition to the service, not what the service includes

Check the difference between the minor serice in years 2 and 6

The Grey box also include brake fluid change which is chargable in addition to the service

Seems strange that changing spark plugs would not be part of a major service, they are a consumable item and traditionally have been included as a service item in every petrol engined make of car that I have ever come across.

Yes, the spark plugs are independant of the major service. The grey box lists the work that's recommended but the major service price doesn't reflect the cost of this.

I had to pay for Major Service + Brake Fluid + Spark Plugs and were quoted separately.

If you look at a Turbo model it has a cross sign which states (Includes Spark Plugs as part of the service)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back