Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Uk Insurance for non residents not living in the uk

spannermonkey

Hi all. I'm hoping that one of you have been in this position or may know someone that has/is.
I'm a uk expat living overseas at the moment (have been for 8 years), and recently bought a 993 in the uk which I plan to use during the occasional trip back to blighty during the year. I intend to repatriate eventually.

My issue appears to be Insurance as I'm a not resident in the uk.

Does anyone know any insurers that will cover me given my current status?
Thanks

I think it depends where you will keep the car. If you keep the car in the UK I think it should be OK to have it insured here even if you live abroad. If you plan to keep the car outside the UK I think it will be difficult to have it insured here.

I am in exactly the same position and have been for a similar period.

I have always maintained a UK residential address for banks, credit cards etc. I have then used that address for the Insurance but then listed the address of the Indy where the car is stored as the overnight parking garage.

I do this with Manning Uk and they seem okay with it. They have some schemes where you can post the Insurance back to them when you are away and the car remains 3rd party only. I don't do this because I often travel back on short notice and don't want additional issues to sort out.

Thanks all. Some good leads there. I did manage to get one quote (not from any of these leads) and they wanted £1050 for 1000 miles per year....!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back