Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steve 911 turbo

p1rob

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/driving-steve-mcqueens-porsche-turbo.html

Old but still a good read for those who havnt read it. :thumb:

porsche_1976-911_actf34_fe_907105_600.jpg

I hadn't read it, so thanks.

Very interesting.

Came up with an idea for another mod too:

The Turbo didn't stay stock for long. The first change was a switch on the dash to knock out the taillights and brake lights in case of hot pursuit by law enforcement personnel.

:)

Thanks for that.......Steve McQueen one of my all time heroes......I have read a bit his cars but not that article......he was "The Man" for me....and still is.

Glad you guys enjoyed the read,he was one of my heros to a top man.
Didn't know he owned so many porsches,one sold for over a million dollars and a pair of sunglasses for 70,000 dollars :eek:

madalaa said:
.......shame he smoked so many Marlborough......

That wasn't all he smoked!

I've got a great book on his cars and bikes. I'll dig it out and post the detials. He is also a hero of mine. He realy didn't seem to give a f.......hard start in life, lived to the full and liked knocking around with the average Jo as opposed to the LaLa Land lunatics.

Right the book:

McQueens Machines - The cars and bikes of a hollywood icon. By Mike Stone, Forward by his son Chad. ISBN 978 0 7603 2866-8
It has the 930 in it.
His porsches:
58 Speedster
69 911S

I think there was one other 911 and then I think his company Solar owned some of the Le Man cars from the film.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back