Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forthco,ing 991 Models on Final tests - Turbo and GT3

I thought the turbo sounded really beefy on the downshifts until I realised it was just the wheels on the rumble strips :oops:

The GT3 sounds awesome :worship: but I'm still not loving that rear wing :nooo:

chimp911 said:
I thought the turbo sounded really beefy on the downshifts until I realised it was just the wheels on the rumble strips :oops:

Really thought they would have done something to make tehe turbo sound a bit better :?:

Surely the production GT3 will not just have the 991 aerokit??

I seriously need to reassess my career choice. How do I get his job?

chimp911 said:

+1

Turbo = "wwwhooosshh whoosssshhhhh whooooosshhh!"

GT3 = "raaarrr raaarrrrr raaaaaaaaaaarrrr!"

(I hope you like my impersonations, took a long time to write that).

They seem to have done a good job at least making the GT3 DFI sound a bit Mezger-ish. It's still a fraud though. How they can give the Cup car the Mezger and then the road GT3 the DFI and expect to retain street cred is beyond me... They'll pull it off though somehow...

:bandit:

And the wing! The 991 GT3 still doesn't have a proper bloody wing yet!

Porsche are turning into bloody body fascists :x

:grin:

Bigfra said:
chimp911 said:

Really thought they would have done something to make tehe turbo sound a bit better :?:

Surely the production GT3 will not just have the 991 aerokit??

The XAA Carrera Aerokit is the GT3 Aerokit (the road car copies the track car, even though the track car is released after)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back