Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Celebration Restoration - Rise of The Silver Surfer

Yes 911 produced not 500 - I did some research :hand:

Yes Pete lowered to where it should sit which makes me think replaced springs but not sure if standard suspension has the approx 2" of thread to adjust them like this one has?

Once it is 'officially' mine I will look to updating the register. I'm led to believe only 22 RHD in Polar silver :dont know: as most were viola with rubicon (grey) interior.

Rumours abound as to why they were produced. some say the turbo was not selling so to get rid of the bodies this model was produced.

Truth be told I would be more than happy with a standard C4 but a number of variables, plus Mrs Z liked it as soon as she saw it, meant it was worth a punt :oops:

Re: A Buyers Foray - Here I go again......

Zingari said:
Now my other top tip is don't take the wife out with you – she didn't like it. 'Too much like your old one etc" and migrated over to a silver 997.1, 'I prefer this one" :pc:

That line was so funny because it's often so true. :floor:

Congratulations on getting one. :thumb:

Zingari said:
Rumours abound as to why they were produced. some say the turbo was not selling so to get rid of the bodies this model was produced.

Parts-bin car - nobody wants them.....

I guess this means my wheels are lying in the street?

Not sure about parts-bin car. Seller had a chap in contact from Germany who wanted to buy it sight unseen (obviously at a slightly reduced price). I must ask for his details :floor:

Yes Steve the 997 was a nice car but a little big and in the words of Clarkson I like the fact you wear a 911 windscreen rather than just look through it. It has to be air-cooled or nothin :thumb:

Plenty of room for the wheels OC but I'm tying to convince Clarky of the need to take them home with him if I take them down to the Bulls Head tomorrow. At least they will be getting closer to you :thumb:

Congrats Zingers. I've always liked that model and it's rare to boot. Love the widebody looks. :thumb:

If it wasn't for those pesky kids and the school fees, I'd be on the lookout for a '64 too. :D

Congratulations, absolutely love that car!!
Wide body look is awesome!!

Oh Zingers good move. Love the look of the jubilee cars and silver and black = classic and cool. Really glad you found a car. Peter

At last!! Well done on your new toy looks fab & looking forward to the pics.... :thumb:

fuch said:
At last!! Well done on your new toy looks fab & looking forward to the pics.... :thumb:

+1

Great stuff-a great looker :thumb:

Brian, fantastic news!
Very pleased you've joined the money pit.
Can't wait to see her, so pictures please :thumb:

Well done Zingers. I've been searching PHs looking for the damn thing, I must be the only one not to find it :floor:

Rallyeman hi -make sue you include car that are sold in the search on PH :thumb:

Yes I think he took it down today. Should be in for MOT Monday and hopefully when my friendly Indy awakes from hibernation he will get around to giving it a once over.

Hmm...........Some things are starting to come together:

1. Car was featured in Total 911 Magazine in 2006
2. Previously sold through Paragon (so at some point it was a good 'un)
3. Mileage appears to stack up (need to do some more digging)
4. Engine rebuild at 91k and subsequent replaced left camshaft
5. Pro Max Motorsport did quite a bit of work and looked after it for 4 years
6. Tracker fitted
7. Calipers should be black and NOT red. They were black 18months ago so need to understand why the change given the very limited use - Refurb?
8. Coloured centre crests belong on a 928 and not 964s :floor:
9. Original stereo was a Blaupunkt Symphony Cassette-Radio so Porsche CDR21 is more recent (at least it has the yellow display) :worship:

and finally (for now)

10. Ninemeister carried out a Power Pack conversion (essentially a K&N Filter, Cut pipe, rebored throttle body and rechip) to up the power to 280bhp (I think at the time money was no object for the owner who wanted both an Anniversary and a 964RS sourced at the same time)

Let's see what the week brings 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back