Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 C4S w/ Powerkit v 991 GT3 & 991 Turbo

Dlff

Hi guys, I would like to seek your opinions on which one to get.
I have short listed the 3 models above. GT3 & Turbo should be available in about a year or two from now.
I live in a hot tropical climate - Malaysia. I do not do tracking. This car is more like a "pride & joy" toy for me. Probably take it out once or twice a week & definitely not my everyday car.
My heart goes for the turbo but I'm not so sure if the all year round hot & humid climate is suitable for it as "heat" is the turbo's greatest enemy.
The GT3 lacks comfort creatures, rear bearable tiny seats & I do not go to the track as the car is meant to be used that way. Also is too much in the face with the huge rear wing & so forth. However, I love the NA high rev engine.
The C4S is practical & has all the creatures you can tick in the boxes. I need the Powerkit to get a bit more power at higher rev. Also is factory fitted & no warranty issue.
All opinions are welcome & cheers mate!

Hi Dlff, I think you've pretty much discounted the Turbo and GT3 in your opening post. From a 997 point of view, 4S, GT3 & Turbo all cater for people with different tastes. All are great cars in their own way. So just focusing on the 991 C4S with an X51 powerkit for the moment, how much longer are you able to hang on? In Europe we were blessed with a GTS model just before the 997 series ended production. Owing to the success and popularity of this (X51 and PSE came as standard equipment for not much more $$$ than the S models), it was the pick of the Carrera range. It's yet to be confirmed that a 991 GTS model will be introduced but I'd like to think it will be and then you could have a 991 4GTS for not much more outlay than a 991 C4S.

Just my 2p.

~ Maxie :)

Maxie: Thanks for your reply. GTS version of the 911 usually appears towards the tail end of the model's life cycle. I have very much discounted the GT3 as is more of a track car than anything else. If I speced up the 991 C4S to my liking. It will cost about £118K & that includes the expensive options like PDK, PCCB, POWERKIT @ £9+K, PDCC w/ PASM Sport Chassis, 20" Techno wheels, Sport Design front apron & the usual comfort creatures options like sunroof @ keyless entry. For comparison sake, if I were to spec up a 997.2 turbo which also includes the expensive options like PDK, PTV & Sport Chrono Package & sunroof. The total price is about £125K. The price difference is only £7K. Is even more attractive if I were to use the Turbo S for comparison sake as it has a lot of options thrown in at no extra cost. I did not use it simply because again is a run out model like the GTS. The last version of the the turbo model is always the 'S' version.
From the pricing point of view, the turbo is very very attractive proposition. I expect the new 991 turbo to be about £10K more expensive (incl of the usual options) than the C4S I speced up above. Cheers mate!

Honestly, I think what you are after is something to show off with in front of your friends and hot chicks. Thats fine.
In this regards, I think there is no better car than Turbo S.
No other production car (except perhaps Veyron or modded GTR) will give you roller coaster feel in your stomach. Its takeoff is just out of this world - so much fun. I loved it more than 458 Italia when I drove both.
Last thing you want is heavy clutch action (in GT3) in heavy Asian traffic or being humiliated on traffic lights by some kind of Nissan (in Carrera S).

I beg to differ on buying a 991 to show off my friends or chicks. For that I would have considered a used Gallardo or a F430. I have driven a F430 & I found it to be a very imposing car on the road because of its width. The jerky F1 gearbox is utterly hopeless for town use. I have always like a Porsche as is more car like & most important of all. It can be a everyday sport car should one chooses it to be. I shall wait for the turbo to be launched next year & take it from there as I'm not in a hurry. Cheers mate!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back