Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Iphone 4s - 64gb - Black - Factory unlocked.

BreitlingBoy

FOR SALE :

My Black Iphone 4s, 64GB and is factory unlocked.

Condition is very very good. In the box with accessories.

£450 ONO.

Thanks

I am now opening this to offers, Just per-ordered the Iphone 5:)

It still has warranty on it until october 25th

Not keeping it to use as a music store for the PCM iPod interface for when it gets confirmed (as I fully expect it will) that it won't talk to the iPhone 5s new connector (even via the adaptor)?
:nooo:

[I am planning to keep my old 4 for exactly that purpose personally - from what I have read the chances of compatibility are slim].

Unless you don't have a porker with the universal audio interface option in the first place of course.

Apple have rather selflessly brought out an adapter that will enable you to plug in all your existing peripherals and old style cables to the ip5...how nice of them :)

What? 25 quid?? Feck off you dirty robbing tw@s... :pc:

Don't worry, it's just a pass-through adapter.

I'm sure some nice Chinese people will be along soon with three for a fiver.

chimp911 said:
Apple have rather selflessly brought out an adapter that will enable you to plug in all your existing peripherals and old style cables to the ip5...how nice of them :)

Erm - no, they haven't (well, they have as far as plugging it in, but as for it working... only maybe). The lightning to 30 pin adaptor only works with some peripherals - always read that small print kids. Notably it does not support either video out nor 'iPhone out'. The latter is nothing to do with sound, but rather the signals which pass information from the iDevice to things like integrated car audio systems. Already confirmed is that the BMW iPod interface will not in its current form work with the iPhone 5, but the rest of the world is so far quiet until people get actual devices and try using them.

It may or may not work with PCM 3. From what I have managed to find out so far I am expecting not, but with the adaptors apparently not shipping until October it will be a couple of weeks before we know.

GT4 said:
Don't worry, it's just a pass-through adapter.

I'm sure some nice Chinese people will be along soon with three for a fiver.

I'm going shopping on Thursday evening in the local rip-off market, I'll see if I can bring a bag full back.

MC

Unfortunatley the 5 outputs a digital signal, and that adapter is probably a digital-analogue converter, hence the price.

Still a right pain (pricey) if you've got a lot of external gear.

Still won't stop me from queuing up at the apple shop for the 5 :sad:

Balls to that - I'm still rocking a 3GS which does a perfectly adequate job and when (if) I change I'll be picking up a 4S for peanuts...

From what I have read I can simulate the biggest change from the iphone 4 that I have to the new iphone 5 by holding it slightly closer to my eyes. That'll do for me.

MC

Rialas said:
Unfortunatley the 5 outputs a digital signal, and that adapter is probably a digital-analogue converter, hence the price.

Still a right pain (pricey) if you've got a lot of external gear.

Still won't stop me from queuing up at the apple shop for the 5 :sad:

That is a product of the pure USB nature of the cable/plug - there is no analogue audio as per 30-pin (which is why they popped the headphone socket down there too).

Simultaneous audio I/O and data control requires a dual converter (with jack and blade).

That is what will be fitted to "dumb" accessories, smart accessories (like next gen B&W Zepellin) will do the digital to analogue conversion themselves.

The "converters" (the lightning to 30-pin adapter and lightning to USB and lightning to miniUSB) all direct the the data as pass through - but no audio or video channels.

But as the i5 doesn't produce or recognise any non-digital in or out of the slot, no conversion is required.

GT4 said:
That is a product of the pure USB nature of the cable/plug - there is no analogue audio as per 30-pin (which is why they popped the headphone socket down there too).
Hi Paul
Not completely sure of all the specs but fairly positive that the 30 pin (as well as the headphone jack) does output an analogue signal as I had a 30 pin going into the aux in at the rear of my becker to connect my iPod. I remember doing a bit of reading when one of the wires played up and managed to sort it out.
The conversion does not take place within the becker but are purely analogue ins at the rear.

The DAC theory on the new adapter is just a guess though :thumbs:

Rialas said:
GT4 said:
Hi Paul
Not completely sure of all the specs but fairly positive that the 30 pin (as well as the headphone jack) does output an analogue signal as I had a 30 pin going into the aux in at the rear of my becker to connect my iPod. I remember doing a bit of reading when one of the wires played up and managed to sort it out.

The DAC theory on the new adapter is just a guess though :thumbs:

Sorry, not well written, I meant there isn't analogue (on i5) as there would be with the 30-pin (on i4 etc).

Although I then mentioned the now lack of analogue out via the slot determining the relocated headphone bottom socket placement on the new one.

Edited whilst you replied to try and make it even more clear.

Apologies again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back