Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RUF 930 Yellowbird Turbo for sale

Citori

It's worth a look just to read through the spec.
Never heard of such a thing, but it certainly looks the part.
Not sure if I have a spare $279,000 hanging around, I will look down the back of the sofa when I get home.
Genuine? :dont know:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120843799278+&viewitem=

Sorry about the link Mr Mod.

LEGENDARY 1989 PORSCHE RUF CTR YELLOWBIRD

215 MPH! 1 OF 1!

It would be safe to bet that saying the word "YellowBird" amongst a group of Porsche enthusiasts will envoke instant grins followed by enthusiastic discussions regarding one the most impressive Porsches in the past quarter century. Yes, we all remember the video that went "VIRAL" before most of us had heard the word "Internet". I am referring to the video of the prototype CTR Yellowbird racing around the Nurburgring at full tilt.

The ONE OWNER car you see here is 1 of only 6 Aluminum LIGHTWEIGHT Street/Track RUF CTR YellowBirds created! 22 additional all steel versions were originally built. Tipping the scales at just 2,520 lbs., you are looking at the LIGHTEST CTR on the planet! This is the ONLY RUF CTR YellowBird created for importation into the United States. It was the recent cover feature of "9" Magazine. The car is exquisite in every way and in top mechanical and cosmetic condition. It has been maintained by the professional team of Porsche experts at the 901 shop. This special CTR must be seen in person in order to appreciate how special a Ruf CTR is, even by today's standards. This car is truly one of a kind and is being offered for sale to the discerning Porsche Collector for the very first time!

Specifications:

Built on a new 1989 911 Carrera chassis #9559 with original 28 gal. Ruf-made fuel tank. Fuel cell installed. VIN# 9111111097

Adjustable suspension front and rear. Original Ruf CTR suspension included with car.

Ruf used thin black RS carpeting on the ceiling for weight saving. Floor has black carpet.

All CTR's come with German Matter FIA approved roll cages.

Black leather Dash Board. Adjustable Boost Gauge and Brake Bias Adjuster-both within reach of driver.

Black Recaro Kevlar 4 lb Racing Seats with Sabelt 6-point Harnesses. RSR Style Window Openers/Closures.

Aerodynamic headlight lens covers. Ruf CTR's came without rain gutters to reduce aerodynamic drag.

Special front RSR Style 'X' bracing integrated with car. Special CTR Lightweight Ruf brake ducted Front Spoiler and custom one of a kind rear brake ducts.

ENGINE: 3.4 Liter, twin turbocharged 525 h.p. Street/Racing engine rated @ 1.2 Bar.

This Street/Track version has 525+ h.p. rated at 1.2 bar with more torque throughout entire power band.

Torque is 475 ft. Ibs. @ 5000 rpm. Original Ruf engine Dyno Test results available. Redline 7400rpm.

Heads Flow Tested/Matched plus have Racing Valve Springs and Retainers, etc.

The CTR has 12 fuel injectors with adjustable brain box configuration for setting rpm cut in for extra 6 injectors.

This CTR has just 4.70 Ibs/hp. 1998 Ruf CTR2' shave 5.90 Ibs/hp. Stock CTR series were rated at 469 h.p. @ 6100rpm with 1.1 Bar of boost and 425 ft. Ibs. of torque @ 5900 rpm. New 2010 Turbos have 7.00 Ibs./hp.

TRANSMISSION: RUF 6-Speed transmission. 8:32 Ring & Pinion (original 9:31 R/P included)

Each Gear Set has its own dedicated sprayer through an internally custom built Oiling Rail System. Ring and Pinion has its own large mouth dedicated sprayer. Drops transmission temp 50 degrees. Transmission Pump and Transmission Oil Cooler mounted in Whaletail.

This is the only CTR with this unique oil cooling spray rail arrangement and 8:32 R/P. Steel synchros.

WHEELS/TIRES:

Ruf 8x17" Front and Ruf 10x17" Rear.

Treaded tires are 215/45ZR17-Front and 255/40ZR17-Rear.

Slick tires are either 220 or 245/620R 17 (F) and 265/630R 17 (R). 1 extra set of wheels included.

BRAKES:

13" Rotors on all 4 corners

Cross Drilled, Vented Brakes with 956 13" Rotors and special Ruf S4 Calipers on all 4 corners.

This Brake System combined with the light weight of the car makes for unbelievable stopping power.

PERFORMANCE:

0-60 3.4 seconds w/ 9:31 R/P, maximum speed experienced 215 mph.

Highest sustained speed attained with this CTR on a German Autobahn was 215 mph @ 6400 rpm.

A 13 mile lap at Old Nurburgring-amateur driver clocked at about 7 min. 30 sec.

This CTR makes a Porsche 959 seem reasonably docile.

You might recall the Ruf CTR beat 959's, 959 Sports and F-40's in 1987 and beyond with relative ease.

It's one of the most legendary 911s and insanely quick. Here's an equally legendary video which gives you an idea of what it can do in the right hands (Stefan Roser - no helmet, no gloves and slip on moccasins). Imagine it goes past you sideways as you ride around on a bike thinking you're going quicky. Just awesome:

Yes it is! Based on Carrera 3.2 not a 964 though I believe. :thumbs:

this car is a legend. It and a few other cars were pitched against a 959 and F40 by US mag Road & Track back in 87 (or thereabouts). It was one of those group tests and the magazine hoped for a genuine 200mph vmax from a production car for the first ever time - hence giving them a massive front page headline with great shots of the 959 or F40...

What happened on the day though was that neither the 959 or F40 reached a verified vmax of 200, the 959 made something like 197 and the F40 something like 194. They were hugely disappointed as they were not going to get their headline and hot cover shots...

They then went through the process of putting the other cars through the same tests and got the results they expected (c170-180mph's). The RUF was the last one tested, no-one expected much from what they perceived was a re-engineered Turbo, but it shocked everyone by clocking a verified 211!!!

As RUF is a registered car manufacturer in Germany (because they totally re-build their cars from Porsches, they don't just tune-them and bolt on a few bits) this was a verified vmax of over 200mph from a manufacturer of street legal cars - it was a first!!

Legendary story - legendary car....

All-time legend. A young english kid has/had one, used to post vids online, can't remember which forum :?:

What a beast! A couple of my customers have had these. They both have said that its the most bonkers cars that they've ever owned.

I haven't worked on one but would love it if I was given the opportunity to!

What a video, what a car!!!

Regards
G :thumb:

cyruspower said:
It's one of the most legendary 911s and insanely quick. Here's an equally legendary video which gives you an idea of what it can do in the right hands (Stefan Roser - no helmet, no gloves and slip on moccasins). Imagine it goes past you sideways as you ride around on a bike thinking you're going quicky. Just awesome:

Thks for posting this, yes awesome the difference between a racing driver and the mere mortals. How he keeps catching it with a flick of the wheel is just incredible.

Wow, no wonder I struggled with one in Grand Turismo, the closest I'll ever come!!!!!! :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back