Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Contact details for Porsche GB management or ombudsman

not getting anywhere with customer service (no surprise)

Does anyone have any contacts for anyone in higher management?

[email protected] doesn't work

It's incredibly difficult to get any contact details for anyone and I have been told to sling my hook by clare bayer the customer adviser

Mr T

I feel for you, but you are banging your head on a wall and will not get anywhere.

I had serious problems with a brand new 997.2 last year, see http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66527 and I went through PCGB all the way up to Geoff Turral, MD at the time.

I spent the best part of six months of my life trying to come to a resolution with Porsche, it was only because the car was leased, and disposed of into the trade by the leasing company that it came to an end.

PCGB really will not assist you, unless you are prepared to sue them over it. It will cost you personally a small fortune, and even if you win, you will still be out of pocket, but if it's the moral high ground you want, then go ahead.

Here's what I do go into opc in question on sat morn about 11 am voice your grievance then tell everyone else viewing shiny new cars youre dissatisfaction you will be surprised how quickly you get what your looking for did it to Toyota after shockingly bad after sales got free mats free service free tyres free puncture repair kit and and most importantly an apology :thumb:

Waz 911 said:
Here's what I do go into opc in question on sat morn about 11 am voice your grievance then tell everyone else viewing shiny new cars youre dissatisfaction you will be surprised how quickly you get what your looking for did it to Toyota after shockingly bad after sales got free mats free service free tyres free puncture repair kit and and most importantly an apology :thumb:

:yeah:

The only slight problem is that you might find that there are very few (if any) customers around.

Mr.T, you have my sympathy - but (as others have already said) you are wasting your time and effort here, I'm afraid.

Whilst I understand that most owners of cars of this sort of calibre would automatically assume that this official and professional approach is the right way to go about tackling this sort of thing, I'm afraid that Porsche's Customer Service track record had proved otherwise.

Monumentally otherwise.

If your case holds water (absolutely no pun intended) then your best bet would be to do something along the lines of the above quote, I'd say. It'll take balls but so long as you don't go and do anything silly or unreasonable then I'm sure that you'll get their, apparently reluctant, attention in doing so.

The law is a total ass. And after what I have personally witnessed during a recent employment tribunal vs. the NHS - I'd say that you'd be lucky to come away with a formal apology in your case.

And I'm sure that you want more than that...?

OP, have you got Legal Expenses Insurance via your home contents/building ins?

I'd try that route if you have, you've nothing to lose?

I can't understand why you won't book it in and get the drains cleared. It's a small amount of money vs hours/days/weeks of wasting time?

wizard 993

Despite having suffered the problem on several occasions no one told me what the problem was nor the potential remedy

Now i do know

I have been told that my 997 no longer has the annual warranty so no can do

BUT

when the door membranes packed up (separately) on my 996 I was told that the warranty didn't cover this - a grand out of pocket every time

I tend to agree with most respondents in that it is causing me more angst than Porsche GB for sure

£1400 to get carpets dried for a simple fix

I have pdfs for work carried out at 2 years old at West London OPC and drains cleared documented -> NO LEAK; 4 year check at Glasgow OPC with documented clearing of drainage channels ->NO LEAK; 6 year check and no documentation of drainage channel being cleared and surprise surprise water ingress

I'm a doctor and the GMC are very clear that if I haven't documented something it's presumed that I haven't done it. Clearly not the case when it comes to servicing and maintaining cars for sizeable sums of money

Just cheesed off as these water related problems have cost me plenty over the last decade

I didn't have access to 911uk in past and did most of my "research" on a long gone site called Porschatalk

Thank you for all your comments -witty and serious- the most frustrating bit being the lack of contact details for anything Porsche related except if you want to buy a new motor

t

Mr T said:
lack of contact details for anything Porsche related except if you want to buy a new motor

They prefer it that way.

I would just rod the drains yourself and get on with life.

net_curtain_wire.jpg

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=74973

i have since bought the curtain wire - after the horse has bolted - but not really sure if i can get to the rear ones easily despite all the diagrams

i googled senior VAG managers and sent the head guy of the VAG group an email at lunchtime today outlining my predicament

strangely, late this afternoon I received a phone call from porsche gb to say that the uk MD is aware of the issues I have raised and his team will look in to it

not holding my breath but at least someone is now willing to listen

bottom line is car now dry and not stinking and i will ensure that drainage channels cleared as often as possible and i have parted with £1400

Try James Bungard he is a regional manager at Porsche GB based in Reading.

whacko77uk said:

Whenever I newbie posts with relevant information I always feel its someone else giving the info, but doing it anomonously.

PeterS said:
whacko77uk said:

Whenever I newbie posts with relevant information I always feel its someone else giving the info, but doing it anomonously.

Lol! I only know this as his name is on the log book for the 4S I recently bought as it was sold to me as an ex Porsche GB car and I wanted to make sure it had not been trashed round Silverstone.

whacko77uk said:
PeterS said:
whacko77uk said:

Lol! I only know this as his name is on the log book for the 4S I recently bought as it was sold to me as an ex Porsche GB car and I wanted to make sure it had not been trashed round Silverstone.

In that case apologies and

:welcome:

However your car is designed to taken around a track, so I hope you will be making the best of it.

:thumb:

Thank you

My 968 coupe was similarly owned by someone high up in the porsche heirarchy

amazing what a bit of investigating and persistence throws up

am sure outcome will still be same but at least I can ruffle a few feathers in higher echelons

t

PeterS said:
:

However your car is designed to taken around a track, so I hope you will be making the best of it.
......not the sort of 'track days' that some Porsche GB/Press cars are subjected to.

Option 1: spend £50k on car that has been thrashed 'round a race track by idiots like Jeremy Clarckson and 5th Gear presenters. Red lining the engine with complete disregard for its future, wrecking the clutch and weakening the RMS and leaving dead Jeremy Clarckson skin cells in the car.

Option 2: spend £50k on one that hasn't.

......... :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back