Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Contact details for Porsche GB management or ombudsman

PeterS

I think you are correct

I haven't grasped the point you were making

A few years ago I placed a deposit on a Cayenne before they were launched

The OPC changed hands and came under the umbrella of a nationwide group

My deposit paperwork got "misfiled" during the transfer and nobody was willing to sort it out

I eventually found out email address of Porsche's CEO and copied him into the recorded delivery

Strangely, I was phoned and informed that my deposit had been "found" within 48 hours of me sending the letter

Mr T said:
PeterS

I think you are correct

I haven't grasped the point you were making

A few years ago I placed a deposit on a Cayenne before they were launched

The OPC changed hands and came under the umbrella of a nationwide group

My deposit paperwork got "misfiled" during the transfer and nobody was willing to sort it out

I eventually found out email address of Porsche's CEO and copied him into the recorded delivery

Strangely, I was phoned and informed that my deposit had been "found" within 48 hours of me sending the letter

Knowing that they might be called on to justify themselves can do wonders to concentrate people's minds, which is why I suggested above that you ask them for the name of a contact to escalate the matter.
If they fail to respond to that request, you could inform them that you'll be forced to do take a "top down" approach in following up on it.

This will only really help you if your complaint has some merit, which it clearly did in the case of a lost deposit.

Drop the SMMT a line tomorrow and see if they can help point you in the right direction

http://www.smmt.co.uk/members-lounge/member-services/support-services/consumer-advice/

:thumb:

"Consumer advice

SMMT supports the work of consumer champion 'Motor Codes'. This organisation is responsible for raising industry standards, offering advice and carrying out dispute resolution. For more information, go to www.motorcodes.co.uk.

Motor Codes

Motor Codes operates three Motor Industry Codes of Practice that raise and maintain standards in the Service and Repair, New Car and Vehicle Warranty sectors.

The New Car Code covers over 99% of all new cars sold in the UK and regulates the advertising, sale, warranty, replacement parts availability and complaint handling processes for new cars.

The Vehicle Warranty Products Code represents about 70% of the industry's major providers that administer over three million products. It covers a wide range of automotive warranty and Insurance products, providing protection, advice and raising standards.

The Service and Repair Code helps motorists to identify responsible garages, offers a structured complaints procedure and promotes good customer service. More than 6,500 garages in the UK subscribe to the Code and millions of motorists benefit from its protection and standards in addition to the free advice line and dispute resolution service.

The Code commits subscribing garages to:

Honest and fair service.
Open and transparent pricing.
Completing work as agreed.
Invoices that match quoted prices.
Competent and conscientious staff.
A straightforward and swift complaints procedure.
It offers motorists:

A free motoring advice line (0800 692 0825).
An online Garage Finder tool to locate the nearest reputable garage.
Free conciliation and low cost, legally binding arbitration.
For further information on Motor Codes visit www.motorcodes.co.uk.

Alternatively contact the free advice line on 0800 692 0825."

Hi

I remember when my brother in law bought a 997 and got constantly wet carpets. Was the door membrane. At the time it was not widely known as a problem, but I think everyone knows now.

All the best and hope you get satisfaction.

Berni

If the car(s) sits outside it's usually always the drain system that's blocked. Most Indy will check/clear them every couple of years for approx 200.

Saves a lot of grief......re £100/year.

wizard993 said:
If the car(s) sits outside it's usually always the drain system that's blocked. Most Indy will check/clear them every couple of years for approx 200.

Saves a lot of grief......re £100/year.

I also assume that this is the issue that OP has complained about to PCGB from his other thread, but he has not specifically said so.
If that is the case, PCGB would be unlikely to be able to do anything to resolve it, since it just involves carrying out routine "maintenance" procedures. The fact that the roof drains work on hundreds of thousands of Porsches when they are kept clear of debris indicates that it is not an inherent fault.

I would suggest a decent wash (or indeed care not to leave the car under trees for excessive periods etc) was part of the ongoing maintenance and TLC responsibilities of the owner.

Certainly a degree of TLC is specified in the manual, which probably covers this.

I would almost draw an analogy with a dirty windscreen: yes it probably is part of service to wash, but if you crashed because you did not take steps to either prevent it getting so dirty that it obscures your vision or to clean it at that point, I don't see how that is really their fault.

"
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 pm Post subject:
I would suggest a decent wash (or indeed care not to leave the car under trees for excessive periods etc) was part of the ongoing maintenance and TLC responsibilities of the owner.

Certainly a degree of TLC is specified in the manual, which probably covers this.

I would almost draw an analogy with a dirty windscreen: yes it probably is part of service to wash, but if you crashed because you did not take steps to either prevent it getting so dirty that it obscures your vision or to clean it at that point, I don't see how that is really their fault."

with all due respect, the windscreen has a mechanism in situ that allows it to be cleaned

The drainage channels at the rear of the vehicle are NOT easily accessible

All of my cars have been meticulously maintained as per the servicing schedules

I had door membrane problems both sides in my 996 - cost to fix it mostly labour (significant) and membrane itself relatively cheap

I think that there is a problem as all of my other cars share the same parking areas as my Porsches and I have never has a drop of water in any other make of car

I'm cheesed off and want some acknowledgment from porsche that this is a real issue. There are enough posts on the various fora out there

nice one

there was enough water in my car to ensure drought won't be an issue in 2012

Mr T said:
"
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 pm Post subject:

I would almost draw an analogy with a dirty windscreen: yes it probably is part of service to wash, but if you crashed because you did not take steps to either prevent it getting so dirty that it obscures your vision or to clean it at that point, I don't see how that is really their fault."

with all due respect, the windscreen has a mechanism in situ that allows it to be cleaned

The drainage channels at the rear of the vehicle are NOT easily accessible

All of my cars have been meticulously maintained as per the servicing schedules

I had door membrane problems both sides in my 996 - cost to fix it mostly labour (significant) and membrane itself relatively cheap

I think that there is a problem as all of my other cars share the same parking areas as my Porsches and I have never has a drop of water in any other make of car

I'm cheesed off and want some acknowledgment from porsche that this is a real issue. There are enough posts on the various fora out there

....thats why you should get the garage to clean everything out vs spending time chasing a pipe dream(ie PGB).

More chance of seeing our lord than getting anywhere with this one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back