Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2017-2018 Porsche Pajun Saloon and Shootbrake

slowone said:
They do nothing for me, while the new 991 retains a visual link back to its roots, these new cars are trying to create a new image, to my ageing eyes they have missed something. They are dull and almost anonymous to look at and that's the one thing the 911 series have never suffered from.

Porsche making small sports cars = :thumb: ; Larger variants = :whistle:

New pics - looks ok to me!

Mods - I think we need a new sub-forum....?

8)

car_photo_532201_25.jpg

car_photo_532198_25.jpg

Porsche is taking on the BMW 5 Series with a striking new sports saloon that will sit below the Panamera. It's called the Pajun (as in Panamera Junior) and will rival top-end 5 Series, Audi A7 and Mercedes CLS models. Insiders say it will be more of a '911 with a boot" than the Panamera.

We've produced these illustrations to give you an idea of how it will look, and it's set to be lower and shorter than the Panamera. Under the skin will be a cut-down version of the next-generation Panamera's platform. Styling cues will be drawn from that car and the 911.

The narrow rear lights are inspired by Porsche's iconic sports car, while the angular headlights and more rounded shape are both features of the latest Panamera.

The Pajun's dynamics will also be a mix of the two models. Engineers aim to deliver a sharp and agile driving experience that's suitable for everyday use, too.

And the company is keen not to sacrifice practicality – it has been reported a shooting brake estate is under development, alongside the Pajun saloon.

Under the bonnet, Porsche will offer the four-door coupe with a range of diesel and petrol engines, including a version of the 310bhp 3.0-litre V6 diesel used elsewhere in the VW Group.

Petrol options will comprise a 3.0-litre V6 bi-turbo with 414bhp and a single-turbo version of the same engine with 318bhp. The latter will also be available in a plug-in hybrid model that will deliver an extra 100bhp
from an electric motor, and be capable of fuel economy of around 100mpg.

All cars will come with a choice of the new 911's seven-speed manual gearbox or a dual-clutch PDK system. Rear and four-wheel drive will be available.

As with all Porsche models, a range of performance-boosting options will be offered, such as carbon-ceramic brakes, active suspension and torque vectoring.

A price of around £50,000 is expected for entry-level models, while top-of-the-range turbos could cost closer to £90,000.

The Pajun is likely to go on sale in 2016. In the meantime, Porsche's biggest priority is to build a Ferrari 458 Italia rival, in the shape of the £160,000 961 supercar.

Roro said:
I wonder if there's a coupe version of this Pajun being discussed. That could be quite interesting. Or even a Panamera coupe, new 928 type car.

:?

The Panamera and this proposed Pajun are Coupes.

I take it that you actually mean '2 door coupes' :dont know:

iirc a 2 door Panamera (a 21st Century 928) is on the drawing board but suggested production dates seem to have slipped and slipped.

I'd be surprised to see a 2 door version of the Pajun, much as I'd like to, as it would be too similar in overall size to the 991.

T8996C4 said:
Roro said:
I wonder if there's a coupe version of this Pajun being discussed. That could be quite interesting. Or even a Panamera coupe, new 928 type car.

:?

The Panamera and this proposed Pajun are Coupes.

I take it that you actually mean '2 door coupes' :dont know:

iirc a 2 door Panamera (a 21st Century 928) is on the drawing board but suggested production dates seem to have slipped and slipped.

I'd be surprised to see a 2 door version of the Pajun, much as I'd like to, as it would be too similar in overall size to the 991.

I don't care what anyone says - there's no such thing as a "4 door coupe", Porsche, VW, Mercedes can all go get stuffed, a coupe is a 2 door only :D

... Anyway, as far as the Used Car Locator on the Porsche website is concerned, the Panam is a "Limousine"... :?:

I love the Autocar artist impressions.

They are always labelled "Exclusives", which is odd really, as I can't see how they could be anything else when it is they who made them up from various cut and pastes from real cars and their fevered imagination and a subscription to PhotoShop.

GT4 said:

They are always labelled "Exclusives", which is odd really, as I can't see how they could be anything else when it is they who made them up from various cut and pastes from real cars and their fevered imagination and a subscription to PhotoShop.

Yes, Autocar also do artists impressions like these, these ones being from Auto EXPRESS :p

Regardless, I hope Porsche don't uglify this one any further :x

Roro said:
Yes, Autocar also do artists impressions like these, these ones being from Auto EXPRESS :p

still look like a Panamera with 991 lights and the title panic headline Pajun.....

although knowing how Porsche don't design cars, that is probably 90% of the finished car :pc:

Porsche News said:
Roro said:

still look like a Panamera with 991 lights and the title panic headline Pajun.....

although knowing how Porsche don't design cars, that is probably 90% of the finished car :pc:

Well they are doing ok at the moment - 991 looks good, new Boxster looks good the revised Cayenne looked good, new Cayman should be fine... They're on a roll, surely they can't mess up the new Panam and it's little brother :dont know:

Roro said:
surely they can't mess up the new Panam and it's little brother :dont know:

depends if they manage to pull off the 'complete new' Panamera look for it's forthcoming facelift unless it turns out to be just a few more lights and tricks with a few extra curves.....

The real factor is what they do with the rear and it's design, since the Panamera is designed for VERY tall rear passengers....

Roro said:
GT4 said:

Sorry, meant AutoExpress (got distracted).

That is what half their weekly output is.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back