Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

You're all making me jealous as hell

antong

Trainee
Ive been travelling in Australia and NZ for the last few months and am really really missing my porka. Last 6000kms have been done at the wheel of one Toyota or another and these roads are gagging for a proper car!

Rather be doing what your doing :thumb: porka or not,raining here on a bank holiday monday. :dont know:

Will help us use hose pipes soon :D

IMHO the roads in Oz are definitely not for our cars. Aside from maybe being in slightly better condition (depending on the state) they are always crawling with small minded cops with speed guns/radar :cop:

Better off in the UK mate...even with the pot holes and white vans

TJ

A friend of mine has been on his world tour for the past year or so (bastard 25 year old). He's spent a few months in NZ and emailed me to say how much I'd love the roads in my car.
Some of the best driving I've ever experienced has been in a rental Clio etc on deserted mountain roads in Majorca, Tenerife, Ibiza etc. at the time I was wishing I had my Elise or 993 with me but when I look back the most important thing was the lack of traffic, good surfaces and interesting route/curves etc

Enjoy your time over there. Whatever car you're in I'm sure you can make it fun.

Stu

Reading all your stories on this forum makes me jealous lol

next year....

For what it's worth I didn't expect to find myself here but after dealing with some horrible stuff and not having a break for 3 years I kinda had a melt down, got pi**ed off and left the UK.

The roads in aus are not great but the driving I've done in NZ has been epic even in a camper van. I am seriously considering emigrating and importing my bike, car and sofa!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back