Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Crashed ! ;-(

Anth

Trainee
Yes , Some Learner driver pulled out on me from a side road and the 911 hit the front right hand side will post some pics later - was doing axprox 30/25 in to the side of there corsa :frustrated:

Wheels are locked to the right look as though the chassis is bent against the wheel maybe , Both Airbags have gone off through the upgraded leather dash ! .. Great ..

whats peoples thoughts to damage if the airbags go off that isn't poining towards a total loss write off is it ? .. or is it :dont know:

There Insurance have admitted liability anyway just trying to see if anyone else has had a bang ..

tbh if the damage bill is say 15K or higher im not really thrilled about taking the car back , Anyone know the legal aspects of it all ?

Regards

Anthony

I have no advice to offer.

But I do offer my sympathies with you. It's a horrible experience.

Thanks mate , yes its more annoying when the Insurer tells me it cant go to my Loocal Porsche center as they wont cover the costs above there ''Approved repairer'' which is a ford dealership ! Give me a break ! ..

and as im only 28 i have to pay my 1850K ex then they reimburse me and if they cant come to a deal with rates with Porsch ill get a bill !!!! i mean seriously i was only popping out to meet a freind for lunch !

Anyway i told them to take it were they like but if its not repaired by Porsche i wont accept the car back and as i have a new 911 turbo as a hire car as of friday they can take as long as it takes ! ..

Im thinking though looking at the state it may not return and they will make it a class D :sad:

Hi There

I thought that the insurers had to let you go outside of their preferred network if you wanted.

By the way, Porsche approved can be crap as well, and you have no comeback if they do not agree.

Also, how did you get the hire car? Through help hire by any chance? If it is arranged by the Insurance company then although you cannot be liable for the cost (if you have legal aid cover) you do have to help them recover the cost from the other side if it ends up being disputed. This means that you will have to sue the other side for them, and turn up in court. So if you do not actually need a Porsche Turbo, or could have afforded to hire it yourself beware.

Having said that perhaps your policy will work differently from mine.

Berni

Hi Mate the Turbo is given to me by porsche im looking at buying it so there lending me it while the cars in according to the sales manager today , Good news .. Anyway the more i think about it the more im thinking the Cahassis is bent at the front of my C2S as the wheels wouldnt turn and it looked at thought the chassis was bend towards the right drivers wheel , Anyone with experince of front end crashes?

Ps. No come back Berni if i dont agree the insurer will have to bring in my private technician for a second oppinion , There will be nothing to disagree with Porsche will make a invose for everything that needs doing and thats that .. see what the damage is , As no ones answered the airbag question from earlier ive found out its not a big job to get that dash sorted , about a £1000 .

Im not bothered now i fancy a turbo or DB9 , Like i say if the cars baddly damaged ill be apprehensive about accepting it back :eek:

berni29 said:
I thought that the insurers had to let you go outside of their preferred network if you wanted.
They do. Don't forget you're not claiming on your Insurance, you're claiming on the third party's Insurance, so they're the ones who need to put you back in the position you were in beforehand, and you have the right to tell them you want your car repaired by a main dealer. That's no guarantee of quality of course, but it's the route I'd go.

If you were claiming on your own policy then it's a different story, and will be down to whatever it says in your policy.

Yeah i thought this too , Im claiming through my Insurers and they claim it back from the third party something i wasn't going to do but im away with work this week so cant speak to the third party all the time , It seems my insurer are causing problems though saying they wont pay rates more than there recommended repairer and i'll have to pay the diffrence if there is one and if i dont want to pay they will take it to there repairer ! ..

Email
''Dear Mr Day,

Thank your for your email.

I can see from the file that liability has been accepted by the other party.

In regards to your chosen garage, I can confirm that we cannot guarantee they Porsche will work according to our labour rates.

If the rates can be agreed, this shouldn't be a problem, however this in unlikely. If the Third Party Insurers are willing to use your chosen garage I would advise to claim through themselves directly, as we cannot guarantee they will pay for the rates if you claim through ourselves.

I have also added your email to the file.

If you have any questions, feel free to email myself directly.

Yours sincerely,''

This has nothing to do with your insurers, only with the third party insurers. Speak to them directly and explain to them politely but firmly that you expect the car to be repaired by an approved Porsche workshop.

Contact Accident Exchange who will work for you to get the car repaired, hire you a similar car and cover your excess etc 08450509582

Thanks Gollom,Dan,Ek .. Its going though my insurers as the third party didnt contact me so i had to contact my Insurance to deal with it for me as im in the states now with work for 10 days , i spoke to the 3rd party and they said my insurers are handling it ... But not very well by this mail ! .. there about 5 people mailing me but im not really bothered Tbh now ill deal wityh it when im back if its not repaired in a Porsche center when i take the car myself , Ill just not accept it and the the longer i dont accept the longer the car will sit there and i'll run up costs which will run much higher than there silly little rates they are winging about , There not picking up thge tab anyway so i really dont know what the problem is ..

Oli. said:
You can send your car to whatever body shop you want, whether its in the authorised networke or not, it's your decision not there's. Don't let them bully you.

Hi Oli , Yeah they accept it can go anywhere i request but what there saying is im responsible for the diffrence in charges between Porsche and there ''Recomended repairers'' .. Ie. the ford dealership ! No disrespect to Ford but there not dealing with 911's on a daily basis so its not going to get a experinced Porsche technician working with it .. if it even is repaired .

Anth

Sorry to hear this, sounds like a right old pain..... which Insurance company are you insured with??

Got a feeling there might be a few 911uk members who won't be renewing with them next year following this story.

Had to reduce the file size a lot , But you get the idea .. Wheels are locked in that position and the chassis looked like it had been impacted , Also the drivers door was squeeking when opened so may be bent ..

Attachments

• 657_298.jpg
    657_298.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 9,486
JD27 said:
Sorry to hear this, sounds like a right old pain..... which Insurance company are you insured with??

I want to know this too, I'm truely sorry it took another guys 911, but this insurer sounds sh1te and I'd like the name, even as a PM please...

Car,
House,
Contents,
Holiday,
Health,
Income,
Phone,
Bupa,
etc...

When you fork out shedloads a month insuring stuff, lining insurers pockets every month without claiming, It's important to know the one's you are making rich that won't actually be worth the money you have paid.
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back