Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche announces new model called the "Macan"

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
The new smaller sized Porsche SUV will be called the Macan, the word is derived from the Indonesian word for Tiger.

The all new smaller SUV previously known as the Cajun! will be Porsche's fifth model line and slots in below the larger Cayenne, thus widening the brand's market in the all-important SUV field. The Macan will go on sale in 2013, and is being built at the newly expanded Leipzig facility in Germany.

'The Macan combines all sports car characteristics with the benefits of a SUV and is a genuine Porsche", said Bernhard Maier, Member of the Executive Board Sales and Marketing of Porsche AG. 'The name of a new Porsche has to fit with the brand, sound good in very many languages and dialects and evoke positive associations."

Word names at Porsche have a concrete connection with the corresponding model and its characteristics: the name Boxster describes the combination of boxer engine and roadster, Cayenne stands for sharpness, the Cayman is snappy and agile and a Panamera is more than a Gran Turismo, capable also of winning the Carrera Panamericana long-distance race.

Attachments

• 01macan_141.jpg
    01macan_141.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14,445
Mackem ?

sunderland.jpg
[/img]

wasn't this the guy that played the vicar in 'Lesbian Vampire Killers?'

Indonesian Tiger currently getting advice from Royality Lawyers....

Quoted as saying "they ain't going to do to me what they did to that Cayman Crocodile!"

Max Clifford is on the case...

Attachments

• macant_170.jpg
    macant_170.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 14,365
  • macans_962.jpg
    macans_962.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 14,361
Do you think they'll launch it in Portugal??

:coat:

Macan "teaser" vid - INCLUDING fractional-second shot of the Audi Q5 rear seats :roll:

clinchy993 said:
My lot (Honda)got there first LOL

2013-honda-civic-suv-2.jpg

...Right...so i'll cancel my order and get a Honda then... :?:

..er, er, er er :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back