Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEWBIE ! Hello all,order my 991 saturday

black-Platinumgrey07.jpg

Liking the night-time ambiance on that one :thumb:

I think I will go for the black/platinum grey. Still not sure exterior between platinum silver and agate grey. I need to turn in the final choice together with the options before the end of this month.

There is no discount but can have the 3-spoke sports steering for free. :mrgreen:
agategrey25.jpg

agategrey26.jpg

One excited man here "not in that way" lol
Going for the test drive in the new 991 c2s :D :D :D

My new C2S is still in Sheerness. Won't be delivered to OPC until next week.

At least it will be a 2012 car. :sad:

My humble opinions on the 991

Pros
Interior big improvement it feels more special
Noise OMG !!!! Is that legal????
Faster "if my seat of the pants is working correctly"
Rear lights look great

Steering now I know this will upset some but I'm a newbie and not a previous owner it has loads of feel but is now less nervous at straight ahead

Now then this makes it easier! Also 997 I drove both c2s and gts I would have got used to but it was a surprise it was so nervous or over sensitive

Negs
Lost the front wing haunch ie smoother on the 991
Stop start a pain in the ass (can be turned off)

See its hard to pick faults as I am so excited at my first Porsche

Im not a reviewer but as a new owner (in feb) im very very pleased at the changes they have made

CHUNKSTAR said:
First time here and first porsche,be kind
Ordering my car saturday!!!
I feel very lucky,first porsche and a new one
Please could i ask your help,not sure what spec i have two
1st
Guards red,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,black wheels,elec seats ,bluetooth,bose.

2nd
Blue aqua,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,sport chrono,black wheels,elec seats ,bose bluetooth

£2177 DIFFERENCE WORTH IT?

Sorry but can't make up my mind!

==============

Hello and congrats on your new 991!

The main features that you really need to be thrilled about (optional features) are:
1) PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control)
2) PTV Plus (Porsche Tour Vectoring Plus)
For stability and lateral force distribution and the toughest corrnering manouvers.
3) Electromechanical Steering (better comfort in steering, less effort especially at low speeds, plus safes -0.1L/100km!)

These are one of the new features in the 991.
This beast ive personally tested on the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi compared with Ferrari California, Audi R8 V10, Jaguar XKR S/ Masserati Grand Turismo, and by far the 991 is my favourite in handling, comfort, safety and DESIGN!

WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR PERFECT CHOICE!

I am sure it's a great car and I am waiting for the Turbo but those interior door panels/handles/switches look like a total dog's breakfast IMHO. :nooo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back