Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 user feedback needed, Auto Stop Start Function

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
The purpose of this user feedback thread is to gather impressions, problems and general feedback whether good or bad on the new 991 features.

Auto Stop Start Function

From user forum comments so far, the system doesn't seem as perfect as it is supposed to be or as effective as on other marque cars.

So how's the been running, what issues have been found and has there been any dealer resolution or options so far :?:

I like the fact that it is available and quite nice when you are sitting in traffic the noise level just goes to silence (i.e. just outside noise)...it's great...music better and cleaner.

But I dont like the fact it times out before you actually need to move which annoying. Also, when you kill it and then push it down again (let's because you thought you were going to move but decided not to) and then take your foot of the brake again, the response to start the car the second time is longer.

Not sure how good it is on the 991 but the start/stop we have on my wifes A160blueefficency is fantastic . I was skeptical at the beginning but it does really work well and its easy to get used to so I expect Porsche to be able to master it soon :) As this is driven by electronics it might be a new programming

Theo

I only had the car for an hour or two, but as disconcerting as it initially was, it never didn't work as it was supposed to.

A bit like team building falling back and hoping they catch you, the fear of not being caugt was worse than the falling and unfailingly being caught.

GT4 said:
I only had the car for an hour or two, but as disconcerting as it initially was, it never didn't work as it was supposed to.

A bit like team building falling back and hoping they catch you, the fear of not being caugt was worse than the falling and unfailingly being caught.

Couldn't have put it better GT4 :)

Spoke to one of the mechanics at OPC and they said, there are no timer for the stop and start (as I originally assumed), it simply times out when the battery level is too low.

FXT said:
GT4 said:

Couldn't have put it better GT4 :)

Spoke to one of the mechanics at OPC and they said, there are no timer for the stop and start (as I originally assumed), it simply times out when the battery level is too low.

Yep. In this type of system that's one of the parameters which determine how long the engine stops for and whether it stops at all. Other things such as outside temperature, engine temperature etc also affect how the system functions.

It is getting better actually and even friends commented about it very positively... I've also stopped switching on the steering wheel warmer all the time :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back