Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

If you want a set I have a pair already gundoed with 2" stainless pipe sat in my garage

biggriff said:
If you want a set I have a pair already gundoed with 2" stainless pipe sat in my garage

Is that a give away offer to the first cheeky forumite :?: :dont know: :grin: :) :)

If so i'm your man :bandit:

Have had them sat round after I had them done and then realised that my warranty would be impacted so can't use em for 18 months. Make us an offer and happy to consider

An absolute must Leaksy

Had mine done - 250 quid i think at sports classic - love the results

really made the car

every morning i have to start her with the door open!!

Exhaust Hack - All comments and suggestions welcome!

Finally decided I'm going in for the plunge and going to do the PSE hack. From various searches on here It seems the best place to get it done is Hayward and Scott in Essex.

Are there any other options to consider? Preferably closer to Surrey.

Anyone been to H&S and had this done with any comments, suggestions?

Also what's the best pipe size to go for?

Any videos of sound clips of before and after?

Basically if anyone has any more information or experience on this then please post, all feedback and replies will be welcomed and read.

Many Thanks

Hopefully this will answer many q's. (the PSE is basically the same between 996 and 997):

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66202

(also, do a search for "Hayward Scott" and "Haywood Scott" - with Search for all terms option - "&" won't work)

GT4 at H&S:
jack_796.jpg

Hi, i had mine done at H&S, cant fault the service and work done if a little overpriced.

Cost me £250 (cash), very happy, especially with all new fittings/nuts/bolts etc.

Thanks for the link GT4 :)

£250 sound very reasonable to me, did you take off the mufflers yourself or did you just hand them the car and come back later?

Antonio, how much did it cost you, if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

Hi,

I had the mod done at H&S about a year ago on my 997 C2S. can't remember how much. whatever is quoted on the website i guess.

i'd say the sound was ok. not fantastic. i'd prefer it louder. I think I had the 1.5" pipe. the problem is the 997 is so well sound proofed. going for a larger pipe may have satisfied my requirement for more noise in the cabin, but may have been a bit too anti-social outside the car.

at a recent meet i was told my car had more of an aircooled sound. it was definately different to the sound of the 997 with the factory PSE.

in hindsight i think i would rather have put the money towards the cost of a PSE retrofit. especially as it was £1300 at that time rather than the more ridiculous £2000 it is now. you can sometimes find second hand PSE units for £1600.

all that said, the service at H&S was great. I didn't complain about the sound after the mod was done, so can't say if they would have done anything to help.

Thanks gadgetJunky72,

You haven't got a video clip or sound clip have you by any chance? Or if you fancy taking one :p cannot find one anywhere on here!!

Really want to hear what it sounds like on a 997 S during a normal drive by and at full throttle etc.

Cheers

martin.997.C4S said:
Thanks for the link GT4 :)

£250 sound very reasonable to me, did you take off the mufflers yourself or did you just hand them the car and come back later?

Antonio, how much did it cost you, if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

Nope, that's them taking them off.

Drive-in, Drive-out service (whilst I had a Full English round the corner at Sainsbugs)

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=51776

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back