Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Welcome to whitesteed - our first 991 owner!

Anyone can post pics of "their" car parked outside their house, we need to see a scan of the V5, two proofs of address and an affidavit from the OPC Dealer Principle, all notorised by a registered solicitor :D

PS - did you get a nice model 991 with your puchase (or at launch)?

photo.JPG

GT4 said:
Anyone can post pics of "their" car parked outside their house, we need to see a scan of the V5, two proofs of address and an affidavit from the OPC Dealer Principle, all notorised by a registered solicitor :D

PS - did you get a nice model 991 with your puchase (or at launch)?

photo.JPG

you mean this little cute thing which can double as a paperweight? :lol: Nice pic you've got there, I still can't find a good angle to shoot that little thing...

Attachments

• img_5101_157.jpg
    img_5101_157.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 9,705
  • img_5174_206.jpg
    img_5174_206.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 9,705
it looks a bit like one of those 4 seater Ferraris in the night time shot above. Scaglietteli or something like that.

Hi all,

I thought i posted a pic last week but it didn't work. i have had to get one of our tech guys to help out.

hopefully there are 3 pics attached. The first was when I collected it and it was a bit dark as it was after 4pm.

I previously had a 997 C4S. This is so much better!

sorry about the quality of the blanked out face!

DSC00553.jpg

porscheatwb2.jpg

porscheatwb.jpg

waldorfsalad said:
Hi all,

I thought i posted a pic last week but it didn't work. i have had to get one of our tech guys to help out.

hopefully there are 3 pics attached. The first was when I collected it and it was a bit dark as it was after 4pm.

I previously had a 997 C4S. This is so much better!

sorry about the quality of the blanked out face!

DSC00553.jpg

porscheatwb2.jpg

porscheatwb.jpg

Congrats waldorfsalad :thumb:

nice one, looks the nuts! spill the beans, whats she like on the road?

Really like your other motor (and I aint talking bout the rangey sport.. :D )

OK, I admit it, I'm no graphic artist!

Well, here we go, here's my comments so far after 2 weeks of ownership of my 991 CS2 PDK replacing my 997 C4S manual:

When I first picked it up two things came to mind almost immediately.

1. Steering. I did not get the same direct feel as the old hydraulic steering. However, I soon got used to it and don't miss the old system. I think others have mentioned the same.
2. Exhaust sound. The exhaust in normal mode seemed louder than the 997, and when I selected PSE, the difference did not seem as great. However, the sound is terrific. Perhaps it's to so with the new sound symposer.

Other things that might be worth a mention are the PDK box. This again is terrific and changes gear seamlessly. I would suggest potential buyers should go for this over the new 7 speed manual. It drives like a pussycat around town but on the open road with sport or sport plus selected and you wellie it, WOW!!!!

Had a few problems with 'stop/start" and 'hold" and took it back to the dealers for them to check over. They said that all was working OK and that lots of other parameters are checked by the management system before they will work. This was only yesterday so I will keep an eye on it.

Overall though, delighted with the car.

Not much so far but I hope these comments are useful to potential buyers.

By the way, the 928 GTS in the background is great fun but seems to require new bits every few months!

excellent, am due at OPC Readings test drive party this weekend, so will have a go, glad theyve turned up the volume as the 997 doesnt scare grannies enough.

Am more inclined to a manual, driven a G1 tip a while back- didnt like but had a few goes in my mates GTR and love that box...so if its anything like that. Ive yet to see a review /comment from anyone whos used the manual, anyone out there shfited the stick?

Any photos of that 928? thats right up there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back