Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Speedster Turbo Bodied - Gorgeous

There is another one being made on Rennlist now, in Hungary. I cant find the link though!!

Hi Ted - it's 9M who are doing it - Speedster #3 for a Hungarian guy by the name of Arpad. He came over in April and met with 9M and then came and had a look at and a drive out in mine.
I should be on commission with them - number #4 is waiting in the wings to be converted, and I believe there may even be serious enquires for 2 more!
Graham

grahampm said:
Hi Ted - it's 9M who are doing it - Speedster #3 for a Hungarian guy by the name of Arpad. He came over in April and met with 9M and then came and had a look at and a drive out in mine.
I should be on commission with them - number #4 is waiting in the wings to be converted, and I believe there may even be serious enquires for 2 more!
Graham

Cheers Graham!

Thats no bad thing, they are beautiful!

mikegr said:

I LOVE this, always have Gemballa 993 Extremo Speedster. FABULOUS. An example of when Gemballa got it 100% right.

Has a Hardtop too, looks good

There was a yellow version I looked at buying once, in USA, slightly damaged,

That is beautiful (obviously once returned to a single large bore each side)

grahampm said:
Thanks Muggers

Just finished the latest mods at home in the garage - rather uplifting! :lol:

Garageview4.jpg

Graham

The lengths and expense some OCD garage owners will go to....chopping the roof off to fit under the eaves just to keep the garage original. Or was it the planning laws.... :grin:

That lift and the item on and underneath it.

I could die a happy man.

:worship:

Just came across this thread...........wow, Graham you created an awesome car. Thanks for the very enjoyable breakfast read. So glad I came to it after it was finished, the 'work in progress' suspense would have killed me! Well done, hope it is giving you many hours of pleasure!

I was recently told about this thread, and what can I say aside of fabulous?!! Both cars are stunning. I love the Arena Red (including the yellow accents) on JP's, and I love the finer attention to detail (including Sport Classics and contrasting titanium-colour bits 'n' bobs) on Graham's...

Awesome work and credit to both owners for their efforts and perseverence, and, of course, to 9M for its quality work!

grahampm said:
Thanks Muggers

Just finished the latest mods at home in the garage - rather uplifting! :lol:

Garageview4.jpg

Graham

Have you incorporated some form of under-tray on the top level frame?

Water from the air-conditioning unit, oil from the engine, gearbox, etc. Even if bone dry now, might leak at some point.

Hi Graham, as long ago as, was it 2008 where we briefly met on that saturday RS day at Oulton Park I believe you'd just outed an Aston at the time. 993 was written all over your face believe it or not.
Hope you're well.
Paul

Oh yes - hi Paul, I remember the conversation well! Time flies, and I do enjoy a little project to keep myself busy!

I've just winterised the Speedster, SORN'd it till next spring, and hope I can use it more in 2013! This year has been such a wash out, i've only done about 500 miles. So p...ed off with weather, been seriously considering parting with the car and buying something much newer....but more useable. Can't quite convince my OH that we need another 'sensible' Porsche in our car fleet!
Graham

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back