Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Chassis Legs - Corrosion ISSUES

I can sleep easier now...phew! (thanks Ballcock for the heads up) :thumb:

(just when you thought this thread had disappeared :grin: )

Attachments

• right_after_134.jpg
    right_after_134.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 2,716
  • right_before_565.jpg
    right_before_565.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 2,716
  • left_after_251.jpg
    left_after_251.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 2,716
  • left_before_186.jpg
    left_before_186.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 2,716
Good man Notts..

It's good to see all the 993's getting sorted , they'll thank you well into the future.
It's good to keep the thread alive too so as many owners as possible see it , that was the point of starting it in the first place :thumbs:

ballcock said:
Good man Notts..

It's good to see all the 993's getting sorted , they'll thank you well into the future.
It's good to keep the thread alive too so as many owners as possible see it , that was the point of starting it in the first place :thumbs:

And now this and the engine mounts thread are 1 and 2 on the topic list :eek:

When I've finally put my car back together again following this thread I'll be looking at the engine mounts :grin:

ballcock said:
Good man Notts..

ballcock you know if you had a pound for every time someone looked at this thread you'd have £26,021 now... or another nicely sorted 993 in the garage!

:floor:

Hi

I had the passenger side off recently and found a good size hole, but strangely the other side which was inspected last week was almost perfect. Time for a mobile welder and some Tectyl.

(edit) Here is a pic of the good side...........

chassisleg.jpg

All the best

Berni

Hi

I am going to post this in the wanted section, but this also seems like a good spot if noone minds. I am after the passenger and drivers side supports that goes over where the rust is. The right angled steel sections as below........

Do not mind condition as long as it is not completely rusted and useless. Surface rust and a small hole would be fine. That was what mine was like before I misplaced them. I still have the heat shields so do not need those.

Will pay anything reasonable. I have given Porsche enough money for heat shields and fixings lately.

Part number is 993 504 115 00 and 01 and the picture below is from earlier in the thread......

bracket.jpg

Anyone have them after buying new?

Many thanks in advance

Berni

Hi Lee

Sorry for using your pic, def a bit cheeky! Actually I do not have both sides so have edited the post above. Lord knows where they are. A real pain in the butt!

All the best

Berni

Just seen one from Porsche-apart on eBay - it is £29.99 buy it now with free p&p. If you search for 993 support it should come up. 29 days remaining. Not sure if it is the correct side but if it is then may be suitable for you.

Hi Award

Do you have a link please, I cannot find the auction. I did have a look yesterday before posting actually because I have seen them sell them before, but did not see.

All the best

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi Award

Do you have a link please, I cannot find the auction. I did have a look yesterday before posting actually because I have seen them sell them before, but did not see.

All the best

Berni

Hi Berni,

I've had a look for you and I think Award may have seen an auction for something very similar but not exactly what it is you want!

The number for the one on ebay is 993 504 116 00 as opposed to 993 504 115 00.

I suspect that this is the link to what Award saw.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-P...CarParts_SM&hash=item2a1f2f5440#ht_1821wt_956

Hey Berni.. I just searched everywhere for my used one.. I must have checked it... sorry about that... must have thought no one would have wanted a rusted one... *****.

I can't believe a used ones gets £29 on ebay!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back