Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin Super Sports MPSS # 997 Tyre Thread (Input needed)

Wondering what 295 section tyres would weigh as these are fitted as standard on the C2S. The wheel weights for the standard Lobster Claws are very light imo - not bad for a pressure-cast wheel (I think the forged Turbo items are lighter still). But yes, ouch indeed for tyres weighing more than the wheels!

~ Maxie :roll:

they reckon 13Kg for the 305 rears and 11kg for the 235 so pretty much spot on my results

for the Pirellis they reckon 13Kg for the 305 rears and 10kg for the 235

so at least I haven't added any weight

Exactly, for the same tyre width and profile (and load rating - ie corner weight and speed) the tyre weights are going to be pretty much identical (within a pound or two).

Afterall, basically all they are is solid moulded rubber on steel bands (with a spoonful of silicon etc etc).

yep

always nice to prove theory with practice though

markiii said:
yep

always nice to prove theory with practice though

Crikey, it's a weight look-up table (if for nothing else, to calculate shipping), it's not a sex manual!

I should hope so if the rubber in that context weghed 10Kg I'd need a doctor :eek:

Many years of practice markiii xiānshēng.

Confucius say, add a gram a day and soon you will have three legs.

Best tyres I have ever had.

Any idea when we'll get N-rated ones?

These are going to make your car so much better. :)

I already have a set of MPSS ready to fit, but trips to the 'Ring haven't killed off my Pirelli Corsa's yet!
I have tried, but 10 laps and they're still good, will take a great tyre to out-class the Corsa's.

Martian said:
I already have a set of MPSS ready to fit, but trips to the 'Ring haven't killed off my Pirelli Corsa's yet!
I have tried, but 10 laps and they're still good, will take a great tyre to out-class the Corsa's.

The MPSS is not better than the Corsa in the dry, track or for feel. Infect the Corsa is sublime tyre, wish could still get them. :(

Gotta remember the Corsa competed with Michelin cups and was nearly as good in the dry but was better in the wet and had better wearrates.

The MPSS replaces PS2 and is better in every way and is truly sublime in the wet but for dry traction and driver feedback the cups and corsas are better.

Following from Michelin this morning:

Thank you for your enquiry about N rated Pilot Super Sport tyres.

We are currently in the process of working with Porsche on the approval of these sizes.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to say when the approval will be obtained, as it depends on many different factors.

Therefore we do not have any dates for when we will have the N specification tyres available.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back