Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your 993 have any outstanding factory recalls?

It's not just Byfleet that can check for recalls, whilst they were the first to advertise the fact any dealer can check on PPN (porsche Partner network) or WWS (worldwide Warranty System) and would be in their interest to do so for commercial reasons.

Booked mine in for "Replacement of horn with filter relay" recall next Friday with Leeds OPC - does anyone know what this entails as the they've asked for the car for two days ?? Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm assuming this is not the well documented wiring loom recall ??

That's surprising, 1 hr max Job. The wiring loom job starts at 4.5 hours depending on year and model.

Numbercruncher said:
Booked mine in for "Replacement of horn with filter relay" recall next Friday with Leeds OPC -
anyone know what this entails as the they've asked for the car for two days ?? Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm assuming this is not the well documented wiring loom recall ??

Could you please elaborate a bit more on the horn & filter relay recall, ive got two 993s and have never heard of it, but would obviously like to get it done if it affects them

Many thanks

just contact any dealership and give them you VIN no and see if it requires any recalls, the relay recall did not apply to all 993's

challenger1 said:
just contact any dealership and give them you VIN no and see if it requires any recalls, the relay recall did not apply to all 993's
Quite. My late '95 (but pre-vario) cab was checked by the OPC and only the wiring loom and hood motors applied.

So I trundled into Leeds OPC for my recall yesterday, horn and filter relay thingy, dropped the car off 10am, got the call at 2.30pm all done. I'm none the wiser what was involved as the very pleasant young lady on service didn't over elaborate but clearly it wasn't too much of a job given the time frame involved.

Anyhow free coffee, biscuits, a courtesy boxster for half a day and no bill at the of it made for a reasonable experience.

Just to let everyone know, they are still doing the recall test, mine was all good but they did mention they are doing free winter checks if your in the area

'We are doing free Winter Health Checks through December, so if you would like to call Tim or David in our Service Dept, they would be happy to book you in.'

Just read this on the forum. My 1995 993 is in having its engine loom done now! Can't believe that previous main dealers who had serviced it at the time of the recall hadn't done it! It's something I didn't even know about - being someone who lacks in depth knowledge of everything 993.

rob@rothbury said:
Just read this on the forum. My 1995 993 is in having its engine loom done now! Can't believe that previous main dealers who had serviced it at the time of the recall hadn't done it! It's something I didn't even know about - being someone who lacks in depth knowledge of everything 993.

OPC at Towcester, were very helpful recently in confirming my car didn't have any outstanding factory recalls.

All done efficently by email.

Just picked up a 1994 Hamburg car - black on black.
Sent the mail to Porsche Brooklands - let's hear what they say.
My 964 had also been with an OPC for many years (as has this one) and had a steering column recall and some other elec issue to not yet done by the OPC.

Thanks to the OP for the advice!

they've replied already ... all upto date .. great service IMO

993 recalls

Recently bought another 993, a high mileage early tiptronic, obviously a glutton for punishment, and was advised by 2+2 it needed the wiring loom recall. Sutton Coldfield OPC collected it and returned it within the day. I missed a trick though, could have had the courtesy car for the day. Fabulous old beast. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back