Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

930 Turbo - does this iconic Porsche have to be red!!

OP,you are right about some Ferrari drivers being too scared to drive their cars. This whole mileage thing can get ridiculous.

Porsches(And Ferraris) like being driven, so low mileage is no guarantee of a good car. Examine each one as it stands.

You already have a 993C4S and 996T which are both pretty bullet proof, the 930 is too, albeit a culture shock in raw old fashioned-ness!

993C4S looks better than 993T so why bother, if you already have 996Turbo?

A 930 would look and feel great in your stable, so full of character!

930 Turbo

Yes , agree that I bypass a 993Turbo

A 930 Turbo is hardcore Porsche!

Kirk - look forward to seeing the 9934S , sounds a good one and well done on finding a low miler. Must be very few left

wizard993 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-930-Turbo-Project-/280740109708?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item415d6a1d8c

A good Indy can put the engine and gearbox back in and get it fired up for <£1,000. If it's within a couple of hundred miles approx £350 should get it back on a transporter.

Maybe worth a closer look/trip to inspect as good 930's are becoming sought after. If it's mileage is genuine you could have a great car for not a lot of money.

btw .......that colour is amazing/typical 930 period colour.

That my friend is what's known as a money pit, if you think that your Indy can get that running for £1000 then buy it, trailer it to his place, drop the money into his hand, and wait for 20 minutes while the fits of laughter subside.

A big service with a couple of minor jobs found during it will cost you £1000.

I did not say it could be mended for £1k but then again it could be all done and dusted for a lot less than £25k, which is what a decent one will cost you. Moreover, if you think that no 25+ year old 911 Turbos on the road currently for 25k wont be a money pit then that is silly.

With a car like this Id get it inspected before any judgement is made from an armchair. If the body and paint are sound and the engine can be made fully serviceable again for anything up to £6k, then do the maths.

Yes it could be pile of junk but if I lived within 150 miles and really wanted a 930 i would lift up the phone with a view to getting my ass over to inspect it as it's too easy just to assume it's a dog

I'll give you a clue, I live in Newport. Anyway, you did say that an Indy could get the motor back in and up and running for £1000.

They couldn't.

After the unit was made serviceable again, approx £1k would get it installed and fired up.......about 9 hrs labour unless the Indy was in Newport? :dont know:

http://v-zweeden.com/product_info.php?cPath=298_23_451_1376&products_id=789

so that's £5k for an engine or do a re-build on the existing unit.

Quick add-up.....£10/11k for car + £5k engine(maybe less if existing unit can be repaired) + £1k to fit and fire-up.

If it's all complete and the bodywork/paint/interior is at least on a par with typical £25k car's that are currently on sale/running about, this could end-up being be a good £25k(current market value car), made good for <£20k.

If the current engine only needs £2-3k spent on it then even better!

"The rolling shell is in amazing condition for the year with only a few small areas of rust as shown in pictures [almost 33 years old] and although the engine and box have been dropped out, it is complete. The car was running with no faults apart from previously mentioned items, gearbox was also perfect."

I'd be more interested in the condition of the bodywork/paint than the engine, as a rusty 930/older 911 with crap paint can cost over £15k to put right!

All subject to inspection/negs of course but the potential is there(which was the basis of my initial reply). :bye:

Listing ended early...car probably soon on it's way to it's new home. :thumb:

Hopefully we may see this rare 911 type on here, in all it's restored glory.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back