Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help on color combination choice?

waldorfsalad said:
I have also just placed my order for the new 991 C2S. I currently own a 997 C4S in Seal Grey with Black leather. I like the new grey and would probably have gone with that, but I feel I need a change. I am currently thinking of Dark Blue metallic withy grey leather (don't think I can live with beige). Any thoughts on this combo? :?:
do you have the production schedule yet? The dealer told me that my order wont deliver till June or July, there are around 25 people ahead of me :nooo:

thanks all you guys reply

Dark Blue seems to be on the top list at this moment.

Since everybody love Black leather interior, how about carrara white/black interior with red seat belts plus trim strip panel, PCM board, door finishers painted with white :mrgreen:

Rimmer said:
I've ordered Silver with 20" Sport Design wheel's + options circa £15k

Would not Spec a Blue car again they get dirty to quick

GT Silver I hope ..

Your blue car problem was down too not waxing it often enough, as simple as that.

pratas said:
thanks all you guys reply

Dark Blue seems to be on the top list at this moment.

Since everybody love Black leather interior, how about carrara white/black interior with red seat belts plus trim strip panel, PCM board, door finishers painted with white :mrgreen:

Sounds like spec that would work on the new 911.

I do think the yellow one is good too, especially with those wheels 8)

Attachments

• porsche_911_991_yellow_212.jpg
    porsche_911_991_yellow_212.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 9,740
As a new owner of an Aqua blue GTS I can vouch for the colour, it's been very well received but it does 'shout' a bit, however I was bored with black and silver. The only word of caution is that when I discussed this with an 'impartial' OPC dealer principal, he referred to midnight blue as 'doom blue', apparently they find dark blue 911's difficult to shift.

pratas said:
The dealer told me that my order wont deliver till June or July, there are around 25 people ahead of me :nooo:

I'm number 4 on my dealers list, but I don't want my car until March 1st so I expect they will pull other orders in front of mine

Andyuk911 said:
Rimmer said:
I've ordered Silver with 20" Sport Design wheel's + options circa £15k

Would not Spec a Blue car again they get dirty to quick

GT Silver I hope ..

Your blue car problem was down too not waxing it often enough, as simple as that.

Have not seen GT silver yet but I hope to at launch.

I did make an attempt at waxing my blue car but all that happened was, I introduced Swirls on the bodywork, so I just used a 'wash & wax' after that and the swirls just weathered off after a few months

GT Silver:

Porsche-911-2381111955455281600x1060.jpg

Darker.

It is a current range colour, so do a quick search on Porsche UK and see if any models are at your local in GT Silver.

Attachments

• gtvsarctic_137.jpg
    gtvsarctic_137.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 5,076
I've ordered 991 C2 (could not afford S version).

- White with Black Wheels, PDK, Isofix, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors etc....

Would like the sunroof as coming out of 997 C4S Cab, but not sure that tilt and slide roof looks ok. Reminds me of a clio i had as a student :eek:)

njm500 said:

- White with Black Wheels, PDK, Isofix, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors etc.

The cost of black wheels is a right rip off, £931 and that's just for the outsides, on saying that I'm 95% sure I'll spec them to as they do look good on a silver car also.

njm500 said:

- White with Black Wheels, PDK, Isofix, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors etc....

Would like the sunroof as coming out of 997 C4S Cab, but not sure that tilt and slide roof looks ok. Reminds me of a clio i had as a student :eek:)
Congrats! :thumb:
still waiting my local dealer to confirm the final price and the specification. My dealer told me that some optional such as parkassist might included in the my local standard specification.

I am also keen on white, but I might go for dark blue or silver this time. I am not sure the Porsche paint quality, my old white Mercedes turning yellowish just 2-3 years.
:nooo: :nooo:

I still think black works on almost every level. Problem with a different colour in a Porsche is that pretty much all the interior is that colour whereas with other manufacturers you pretty much determine the colour of the seats not the whole thing.

I've not studied the colour options on the 991 but in old 997 money things like Ocean Blue were OK and not OTT. On a white car the browns look OK.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back