Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Speedster Turbo Bodied - Gorgeous

Re: 993 Speedster - US sister car!

JPP said:
grahampm said:
Well it's true – my car now has an American sister built by 9M.!

Graham

Thanks for the posts, Graham, and Hi all from across the pond ...
I finally got 'SpeedArena' back through U.S. Customs on July 11th .. :thumb:

Nice one! I love it! I also like the yellow "S" badge and I am very English! :)

If I had one tiny thought it was that I prefer clear front indicators, rather than orange, but I understand that these are a requirement in the USA?

Well done

tedzwedz said:
Nice one! I love it! I also like the yellow "S" badge and I am very English! :)

If I had one tiny thought it was that I prefer clear front indicators, rather than orange, but I understand that these are a requirement in the USA?

Well done

Thanks for the vote of confidence! You are not alone in preferring the Euro/R.O.W. bumpers/indicators on these cars and I completely understand why... but I wanted the Speedster to look like it would if it had been ordered at a dealership in the U.S. in 1998 ... it's the "virgin" thing ... well you know what I'm getting at ...
and many folks here go Euro bumpers if they get a chance .. and even I went half way there on my '95 coupe. I made the lenses by cutting down euro-length ones and sealing the edges with clear RTV and used bulbs that flashed amber .. alas, I had to sell the coupe to finance SpeedArena .. :sad: but .. I still have the clear corner lenses... :grin:

P.S. can someone here tell me why MY pictures have all this massive ugly border all over them with technical rubbish attached?? Is it because I'm a Yank??

Attachments

• 993_at_ranch_164.jpg
    993_at_ranch_164.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 2,745

JPP said:
P.S. can someone here tell me why MY pictures have all this massive ugly border all over them with technical rubbish attached?? Is it because I'm a Yank??

I may have said this before but the Speedster looks awesome!

The photos are like that because you upload them to the 911uk site via attach photo. The other way of doing it is to upload the photo to a sharing site like photobucket or flickr and then embed the

tmilligan said:
I may have said this before but the Speedster looks awesome!
Thank you. I find myself in the garage a lot .... just staring at it. :what: I'm like a love-sick college boy ... it's soo sad .. :p

tmilligan said:
The photos are like that because you upload them to the 911uk site via attach photo. The other way of doing it is to upload the photo to a sharing site like photobucket or flickr and then embed the tag in the body of your message...[/quote]
Thanks again! I'm in your debt, sir.

I cannot believe that I have never stumbled across this thread before.

It is an awesome project and I am very impressed.

As so much work was done I think personally I would've started with a worse condition donor, to keep the cost down.

Colour coded the mirrors and door handles too, but that's just personal taste.

Looking forward to seeing this car in the flesh sometime.

Well done.

:bow:

I think Graham's car will be at Cirencester Peter. I've not seen it yet either, so no doubt I'll be like the schoolboy in the old Jaguar ad.....

'Some day, some day.'

I'm glad I saw this thread and read all 40 pages this morning, beforehand. To have seen the car before knowing what went into it would've been a travesty.

I'd better go through all the old threads to make sure there aren't any other similar cars too!

I saw this car at 9M the day Graham picked it up - believe me the transformation is incredible as is the passion that 9M put into it. :thumb:

Hi Peter, Sam & Dom - and to all the other 993 enthusiasts who I met today at the PCGB 50th event. Thanks for all the positive comments about my Speedster - with 9M going into full production :D i'm sure there'll be a few more 'born' in the coming years!
Graham

Nice to meet you Graham :thumb:

As I said today the quality of your car is superb! It could be a factory production that's for sure. Very, very neat indeed.

Great to meet you too Graham. Your vision and 9M's skill adds so much to our 993 community. Will certainly stay in touch and hopefully get together for a Northerners meet sometime soon. A dry day in The Lakes or Pennines would be awesome.....

I have just lost an hour and a half 'skimming' through this thread, and what an amazing level of workmanship and commitment to make a good car into an amazing car.

I have never really been a fan of Cobalt Blue, but it looks stunning on the speedster.

Your final choice of wheels are perfect and I would vote for the all blue, no silver finish to keep her looking pure.

Congratulations and well done on an epic transformation.

Thanks Muggers

Just finished the latest mods at home in the garage - rather uplifting! :lol:

Garageview4.jpg

Graham

grahampm said:
Thanks Muggers

Just finished the latest mods at home in the garage - rather uplifting! :lol:

Garageview4.jpg

Graham

Excellent, you've even colour coded the lift! Shame about that silver thing cluttering the place up... :D

Looks like the speedster sits neatly up in the eaves.. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back