Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Future Rendering 2012 Porsche 998 / 991 Cabriolet

With the new car will there be narrow and wide body versions.

I love the look of the rear light clusters but hope they don't adopt the same shape as the Cayman and Boxster headlights as this shape pleases me not.

I can't work out if a plusher cabin is a good or a bad thing either? On the one hand, the 911 balances luxury with performance (as opposed to say a plastic coffin like the Lambo's interior). There is something 'just right' about the current interior - not too much and not too little. If they go all bells and whistles it might dilute that 911 austerity that is very appealing. For me the current car says 'drive me' but will keep you comfortable too with some useful gadgetry in the mix. I hope they don't overkill on this.

It's going to be exciting to see what they do anyway.

More news on the folding hard top:

991convertible3roof2gcf.jpg

99100000convertiblerowo.jpg

991convertibleroof3gcf.jpg

6075958891_1d1790f013_b.jpg

Huge new carapace to allow access to folding hard top storage:

IMG_20110830115338.jpg

An article at GTSpirit.com suggests a folding metal roof covered in canvas? :dont know:

Yep, it's a folding hard top structure with canvas covering (see part #2 in the schematics)

Looks as Porsche intend (retro cab) and has no seam leakage issues as the skin is continuous.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back