Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 [991] - What's going on with the rear badges ?

Red993C4 said:
When getting out of my car recently I was asked by two young guys to settle a bet by telling them whether it was a 911 or a Carrera.
Maybe that's why. :dont know:

I've had similar before - a kid tugging his father's arm and saying "look dad, it's a Carrera!"

Maxie said:
herbie911 said:
If I buy this car, I will debadge the 911 carrera bit and just leave the PORSCHE bit underneath the spoiler. I think it will look very nice.

You mean you might go ahead and buy this and be outrun by that forthcoming M3?
Maxie :wink:
Hate getting smoked by M3. I will wait and see whether they will do a powerkit!

It must be for the yanks......the mrs is amercian and when they ask what porsche I have, sorry "we have" (ahem) they haven't got a clue what a 911 is, they all call it "Porsche Carrera"

I agree with JD, it must be for the americans and the emerging markets, so that people know what you drive.
Lotus did that a few years ago, replacing the badge by the name so that it was clearly spelt.
That said, it is not only the Americasn refering the cars to carrera, a said exactly the same in France.

Now regarding the name, from the pics of this thread it has "Porsche 911 carrera" but on the german brochure (see other thread) it just has "Porsche Carrera". So which one will we get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back