Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Engine specs (as charts)

GT4

Porsche_911_Carrera_991_graf_vykonu_motoru_800_600.jpg

Porsche_911_Carrera_S_991_graf_vykonu_motoru_800_600.jpg

991_prices_159.jpg

Thanks for posting!

Any 0-60 0-100 info on the manual gearbox???? :?:
Cheers

Attachments

• 991_technical_2_custom_657.jpg
    991_technical_2_custom_657.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4,746
  • 991_technical_1_custom_131.jpg
    991_technical_1_custom_131.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 4,746
...that basic Carrera looks way too underpowered vs the 997 and current crop of sports cars + what is coming down the production lines in the next year or so.

I think Porsche have made a total and utter gaff by launching with just 345BHP on tap and a smaller engined car.

It's certainly going to be a highly-strung beast.

High revving 3.4 with more power, but less torque than the outgoing 3.6.

But it will work for Porsche's bottom line of it hits all the pollution tax and benefit-in-kind buttons.

Thanks GT4

Green marketing by Porsche. They may claim the base Carrera model is the first junior supercar with emission that can dive under 200. Whether the performance is good enough to class the base Carrera as a junior supercar is open to debate. I can't help to moan about a manual base Carrera is no faster than the now discontinued Audi RS4. I think if one wants a fast 911, you need to start with the C2S model
4.5 0-100 km/h = 4.3 0-60mph which is OK (Porsche figures tend to be conservative) If one opt for the PDK with the sports plus option, 0-60 under 4 is definitely possible!

GT4 said:
It's certainly going to be a highly-strung beast.

High revving 3.4 with more power, but less torque than the outgoing 3.6.

But it will work for Porsche's bottom line of it hits all the pollution tax and benefit-in-kind buttons.

Your right but they have also wiped-out some interested(how much remains to be seen) petrol-headed pro-porsche private buyers in that price range who want a faster, basic 911 and could not care about MPG or the pollution tax.

In summary then if you want a "proper" 991 to reflect what the upgrade should have been vs the 997 then buy the significantly more expensive 2/4S.

I just hope to God they don't experience anything like the previous 3.4 curse, as that engine is going to be working its ballcocks off, just to keep-up with so many fast cars on our roads now.

I think the cheaper performance alternative will be the Cayman (as it has been for a while).

Of course, you lose the drawing room (rear seats) with the Cayman.

Porsche_911_991_oficialni_dalsi_14_800_600.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back