Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 911 (991) Pics Leaked & Official !! Love it!!! :)

A few colours...

991_blue.jpg

991_dk_blue.jpg

991_yellow.jpg

991_black.jpg

991_white.jpg

I chundered all over my keyboard when i saw the back.

Seriously. All over it.

I quite like it. Don't feel an overwhelming desire to own one but I'm sure it'll be a cracking car.

Hopefully they'll give it 400bhp minimum so the new Cayman can start at 350, where it's needed to be from day one.

Rimmer said:
GT4 said:
That's after spending a fortune on turining the 911 into aluminium.

And the problem with that is :?:

Nothing, well apart from the cost of repair, the skills required in repair, the ease of denting etc etc, but nothing with regards to the point I was trying to make.

Think how much lighter (and hence how much faster and more nimble and better fuel economy) it would have without the door cards, centre console barge et al.

The ally body-in-white is probably at least 100kgs lighter (if not approaching 150kgs).

The like-for-like BIW comparison of aluminium to steel (ie if you simply made a 997 in ally vs a 997 in steel) is worth another 2 mpg on average alone.

Just saw the new site header and tbh I'm not overly impressed.

2 things look straight off a Aston Martin...rear lights and wheels. Come one Porsche where has your creativity gone???

For me it is getting away from the original concept of small/compact sports car etc. GT car springs to mind, as when you look at the rear with the boot shut line high, looks very chunky/928 ish/old hat.

I am sure lots of people will buy, but doubt I will purchase a 991, so might skip it and see what it's replacement might be years down the line.

Now it's part of VW the bean counters will take over and say, oh we reduced production costs by 5p, because we have gone all panamera etc inside, despite the fact you have reduced the appeal by 20 percent. (Never a good thing when accounts have imput, as having delt with so many over the years, they (but not all) are as dull as ditch water. Only had one accountant who drove a 911, so had sometime for him. Sorry if there are any accountants on here.

Anyway just my opinion for what it's worth, so guess i'll wait for the pasting from everyone else.

Chris W said:
2 things look straight off a Aston Martin...rear lights and wheels. Come one Porsche where has your creativity gone???

On the positive side, the Aston Martin is a gorgeous looking car.

Just have to wait to see what the turbo/GT2/GT3/GT3RS variants are like as in vanilla form piled high and sold not so cheaply by VW, sorry Porsche, it doesn't look too exciting.

I like it, it's still very close to the original 996 which is just such a superb flowing timeless classic design. :thumb:

Be interested to see if the actual production cars sit that low on the wheels - other than the GT cars, most 997's (& Boxster/Caymans) look positively "off road" with the amount of air under the arches?

I wonder what a wide-bodied version would look like.....Come on ResB, do your thing.

~ Maxie

Maxie said:
I wonder what a wide-bodied version would look like.....Come on ResB, do your thing.

~ Maxie

+1, would be great to visualise the 4S, maybe even the Turbo as well :thumbs:

I can only imagine what Clarkson is going to say.....?

I wonder if those wheels are 20 inch...? They look pretty big, eh..?
I quite like the side view of the car - it looks quite bullish with the apparently higher door line and what seem to be slightly smaller windows.

But it's that interior that spoils it for me - and a few others by the sounds of it. What a shame!

I think that Porsche do listen to the public as they seem to have heeded peoples views on the PDK buttons and offered the paddles. But it's going to take a lot to make that interior look like it belongs in one of the worlds most iconic sports cars! A 4*4 maybe but it just looks too 'high' to me.

Having said that, I seem to remember the transmission tunnel on all the TVRs were very high too... :?:

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

What have they done to the rear end ?:eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut:

Not nice IMHO - Some one needs the "Bat" for that treatment..... pure Panamera...........

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back