Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spied Again: 2012 911 Carrera shows new wheels

I agree....the new model is clearly a good deal longer, slightly wider, clearly going to me more
refined/more economical...probably faster too.
And apparently the prices are taking a hike (no surprises there)...looks like trying to appeal to
a different market..ie upmarket.
I can't see the point either...surely the Panamera is the larger 911, this
new model doesn't seem to fit the 911 ethos....small/huge fun factor/precision tool etc....?

...I think not.

The point is THIS is the new 911:

1new2012PorscheCaymanspyshots.jpg

2new2012PorscheCaymanspyshots.jpg

The next gen Boxster and Cayman will be bigger (almost as big as a 996), more expensive and they will have finally sorted out that terrible 911 rear engine pendulum :wink:

The Boxster will be replaced (in size and price) by the new "356" (Audi R4's sister car):

all-new-2011-porsche-boxster-artist-rendering.jpg

Stick a 400+bhp Metzger lump in there and I could see your point. :grin:

But there is a C&nt in Scunthorpe...somewhere and they are probably trying to throw a brick through a window right at this moment...

Agreed the cayman could be the way forwards. What we need is the 2nd generation cayman which is bigger and more powerful with adjustable suspension & decent brakes. Oh, hang on, isn't this where we came in? that's a 911 isn't it, or at least it used to be... personally i would prefer the engine stayed hanging out of the back but it had a sequential manual 'box but hey ho..

still begs the question as to which punter the new 911 is actually aimed at?

No there isn't, that's an ampersand, you're thinking of a "u".

Now f&ck off.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back