Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My friend has this car.......

berni29

Hi Guys

I am working away from home for a while and in conversation it turns out that a colleague of mine has a 1982 Grey/Black 3.3L chassis number WP0ZZZ93ZC000532 engine number 67C0598. I am guessing it is a turbo.

I have not seen the car but it has done about 15k km and is RHD being in and from Hong Kong.

Can anyone tell me much about this particular model? I only know about 993's. It has been at a garage for about 4 years because the guy who owns it said "make it like new" and left it there.

Any guidance appreciated. oh, and what is it likely to be worth?

Berni

Hi

Made a mistake in the number is WP0ZZZ93ZCS000532

Apologies

Berni

Try here as well porsche930.myfreeforum.org

I have looked at the photographs of the 930 for sale at Oakfields and would have some comments:

The driver's seat leather looks quite well worn for such a low mileage.
Is it not unusual for a lhd 930 to have a speedo that reads in mph? Mine is lhd and has kph and I know mine is genuine.
The price seems a tad high to me particularly because it is a lhd and one of the earlier 930s.

Anybody agree?

Dave49 said:
Is it not unusual for a lhd 930 to have a speedo that reads in mph? Mine is lhd and has kph and I know mine is genuine.

A speedo indicating speeds in mph is a VOSA requirement to obtain a UK registration, so any imported LHD cars should have had the instrument converted or changed.

It is true that it is a VOSA requirement now but it has not always been the case. My lhd 930 registered sometime around the mid 90s did not require this and still has the original speedo, neither did it require the headlights changed which is now another VOSA requirement.
This car must be a fairly recent import then.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back