Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 PSE Exhaust Hack aka the 'Gundo Hack'

Oli. said:
antonio said:
Had this done on mine, you wont regret it. :D

Do you know what size pipe you had put it? Have you anysound clips? I am having 1" 1/4 which has been recommended by two fabricators that do this mod

Hi, thats the exact same that i had done and its sounds pretty good, no sound clips though, sorry.

Exhaust mod done;

5f10ce7d.jpg

97412072.jpg

a4c2201c.jpg

Just need to fit it......

They are going to be LOUD!

Looks familar:

1sb_231.jpeg

:thumb:

No.

Ideally use a lift, else some decent axles stands.

jack_796.jpg

That's odd, mine's 1" (which is as Porsche intended on a 996.1) and yours looks way bigger from here :dont know:

But then you are running 3.8 vs my 3.4.

Of course there is no equivalent design for the 997 to compare directly (the later 3.6 996 and all 997 boxes use a corner nipple bypass AKA FisterD (or Fister 2, Fister 1 is the other US name for the Gundo hack, back in the day, the same bridge method 993 bypasses were also called LPMM - Leland Pate Muffler Mod).

I just wondered where you had heard the Gundo name before, it implied you had predominantly read US sites over UK or European sites. In the same way, if you had said you took the "elevator" I would be interested whether you were born there, lived there or were putting on some strange affectation and why?

Anyway, prepare yourself for an aural treat that is borderline criminal Porsche don't offer as standard (and on the ever more muted water cooleds, is essential to get back to that flat six rumble and bellow of old).

It's definitely 1" 1/4, or so the fabricator told me - I'll measure it on Tuesday just to confirm! Which is the size Ive been told works best on the 997.

Oh and I've heard mine is bigger than yours........ :D

Been delayed on fitted it as the exhaust sleeve bolts were corroded, so have ordered new ones my my local OPC, but I now won't get them ill weds. Can't wait for the noise.

Oli. said:
Oh and I've heard mine is bigger than yours........ :D

I don't know, your misses never complained. :dontknow:

But by God, does she moan! :roll:

It's on! And I like it.

Just to clarify it's 1 1/4" internal diameter, it is loud though, but not too much, as only comparing it with it's pre 'hacked' sound. It sounds quite raw almost GT3ish, if that makes sense.

I will try and get some sound clips over the weekend.

Gundo hack back box(s).

Gents, any views or opinions on the above?

I am considering acquiring a set for my 2005 C2S.

Colin.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back