Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yay, got my wish ... 911 [997] Carrera 4 GTS launched

*** STOP PRESS ***

There is no need to rush to buy the GTS4 (or spec PTS), as a full mainstream model (ie unlimited by decree), the vehicle is expected to be for sale for a year.

Only C2 (ie Carrera RWD) based production to be terminated in July.

C4 (ie Carrera AWD) based production to continue in parallel with C2 991 until the middle of next year at the earliest, probably for at least a year until MY2013 production starts. This includes Turbo models (and if they hadn't already halted production of some variants, the GT models).

Also, not only will C2/C2S residuals be hammered by the front end subsidy to the GTS2/4 models recently released, but back end finance subsidies of £4-5k on the balloon (GFV - final payment) payments for non-GTS models are expeced to mean almost ALL "cooking" 997 on finance will just be handed back in three years (or term as appropriate) to PFS (Porsche Financial Services) and the respective OPCs.

This will present no problems if OPCs can control the prices, but this is unlikely as the vehicle's value wil still be defined by the market as a whole.

GTS2/4 should maintain their value better (GTS2 more so due to more production/time limited run), but still not as well as Turbo, or better, GT models.

Also glad a purchased the GTS2. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and its just wonderful!!!! Roll on finishing the 'running in'. Still loads of fun hovering around the 3.5 to 4k RPM though - can't wait to hear and feel what 7k is like... :D

911D said:
Also glad a purchased the GTS2. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and its just wonderful!!!! Roll on finishing the 'running in'. Still loads of fun hovering around the 3.5 to 4k RPM though - can't wait to hear and feel what 7k is like... :D

Congratulations. Enjoy :thumbs:

Ant Blain said:
GT4; is there a reason why you seem to like the 4wd 911s so much? You don't use yours in bad weather, so it's not for the extra traction in the wet / snow / whatever, is it just that you prefer the feel of a 4wd 911 over a 2wd...? :dont know:

I was wondering the same...I thought GT4 (Paul) is/was looking for a 997 GT3 Gen I?

~ Maxie :?:

And when I do, I will be justifying that too, if someone challenges me :p

(in truth, I won't be driving them the same)

Plus, of course, as I stated on the earlier page, that is my choice specific to the 996.

The 997s handle better and are even less like the 911 of yore (ie spin-wise).

To quote, I said:

The difference may be less marked in the 997, on three accounts:
  • It is heavier.
    It is grippier.
    It is stronger.

I also mentioned:

• The weight distribution
    The steering weight and feel
    The car/chassis rigidity and torsional strength.
I also specifically said I considered it structurally that little bit closer to the GT3.

All of which apply to the the C4 based 997.1 GT3.

I see no ships?

"C4 GTS" would have been a better/cooler badge.

GTS4

Would have been even cooler.

(but between Ferrari and Nissan, that particular boat has already been tied up)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back