Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yay, got my wish ... 911 [997] Carrera 4 GTS launched

Any bets on a 911 Targa 4 GTS ?

never say never...... :?:

I think they have already run that stock pile down, plus CTS are concentrating on the new 991 folding roof productionisation.

GT4 said:
I think they have already run that stock pile down, plus CTS are concentrating on the new 991 folding roof productionisation.

Agreed, my bet would be a NO. Don't think it would look right either. Isn't the targa's suspension a little softer? (gt4) Would be a bit of a contradiction, but I have been surprised before! :eek:

Yes it has retuned (softer) suspension and extra weight in all the wrong places.

Actually, that sounds a lot like an old GF, just before she became an ex GF.

I think we have all had one of those!!! :floor:

Hey! Who changed my title?

It's not the Carrera 4 GTS, it's the GT(S)4!

I think I will be opting for the NCO debadge and cleaner bespoke LED backlit SS sills (Exclusive allow you to spec your own design for only a tiny premium).

I sense a little pre purchase excitement going on :thumb:

GT4 said:
Hey! Who changed my title?

It's not the Carrera 4 GTS, it's the GT(S)4!

I think I will be opting for the NCO debadge and cleaner bespoke LED backlit SS sills (Exclusive allow you to spec your own design for only a tiny premium).

My bad :judge:

in fairness to the Targa 4 GTS, the name is shorter so not sure that will work

Do you think the kids will think this car is called the Carrera Forgets, rather be a getter than forgotten!

:?:

Attachments

• gts4_565.jpg
    gts4_565.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 18,839
  • build_191.jpg
    build_191.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 18,838
  • gt4_119.jpg
    gt4_119.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 18,838
Looks great, get it ordered!

GT4; is there a reason why you seem to like the 4wd 911s so much? You don't use yours in bad weather, so it's not for the extra traction in the wet / snow / whatever, is it just that you prefer the feel of a 4wd 911 over a 2wd...? :dont know:

The difference may be less marked in the 997, on three accounts:

It is heavier.
It is grippier.
It is stronger.

However, on the 996 the weight distribution is better, the steering weight and feel is better (and less floaty at speed), it pulls you round corners too (I like that idiot-proof-ness, and indeed outright AtoB weaponisation), the car/chassis is more rigid and torsionally strong.

Plus, at the back of my mind, I can always think it is structurally that little bit closer to the GT3.

Ah, of course - weaponisation. Should've guessed... :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back