Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your 993 have any outstanding factory recalls?

TMin said:
2 recalls? If one was loom what was pther?

Cab hood latching motors

adamw said:
Just mailed them too , will post if anything found :thumb:

EDIT :

< < < Check out my Post count : 993 :yes: :yahoo: :clap:

Will you make 996 though! :dont know:

Its not a significant number anyhow :floor:

barty964rst said:
Will you make 996 though! :dont know:

Its not a significant number anyhow :floor:

Been there done that :D :thumb:
Firmly sticking with the "3" :worship:

Byfleet confirmed no outstanding recalls for me. Good news I guess :)

Excellent service from Byfleet. Reply within 20 mins and no recalls outstanding :thumbs:

Kevinuk said:
TMin said:

Cab hood latching motors

Still waiting after nearly 3 months for the re call work to be done ! OPC Hatfield still have not got the parts in :frustrated:

Kevinuk said:
Kevinuk said:
TMin said:

Cab hood latching motors

Still waiting after nearly 3 months for the re call work to be done ! OPC Hatfield still have not got the parts in :frustrated:

I wonder how quick they could get them if they were getting paid for supply & fit :dont know:

Kevinuk said:
Kevinuk said:
TMin said:

Cab hood latching motors

Personally I would wait for a hood motor to fail, as the alleged hood opening when driving, has never happened, but only could, although the other hood latch should hold it, unless your doing 171 mph.

Anyway the point, from talking with two owners who had the new motors fitted with this safety recall, ( sorry service upgrade) have had them fail within a couple of years, and new ones to last you another couple of years are around a grand (the old over engineered ones are no longer made)

Luckily when they sent me the recall letter many years back, I did not get the recall done and after hearing how quickly the replacements fail, ill be in no hurry to have mine done, unless I can keep the motors they take out (they wont, I checked)
Anyway, just my two pence worth, regards

Kevin, as said above, wait for the motors to go, but get the loom done sooner rather than later. If your's is anything like mine after 16 years of heat in that engine bay, it had no insulation on large parts of the main loom near the alternator. Massive fire risk, so assuming they can get the loom (my local OPC Colchester got it next day) get them to do it.

Thanks for the advice guys. Parts are now in and car booked in for tomorrow. I will have a chat with them about the hood motors..they work fine so maybe worth leaving alone if the new ones are not as good

Cheers :thumb:

dw911 said:
...Personally I would wait for a hood motor to fail...
This makes sense, but a word of caution....

FWIW last Saturday, when I attended the Cabrio inspection, I was told that I had no outstanding recalls :) The service manager said this was a good thing as another owner had to pay £1200 to have his motors replaced.

So it seems that there might be a time element to these recalls after all. Some might not be lucky a year or so down the line, should they choose not to have the recall done now.

:bye:

Mines going in on Wednesday for its loom replacement etc. Took less than 24hrs for them(byfleet) to call me and arrange a date for me to drop it off for the repair. Very happy!

dw911 said:
Kevinuk said:
Kevinuk said:
TMin said:

Cab hood latching motors

Personally I would wait for a hood motor to fail, as the alleged hood opening when driving, has never happened, but only could, although the other hood latch should hold it, unless your doing 171 mph.

Anyway the point, from talking with two owners who had the new motors fitted with this safety recall, ( sorry service upgrade) have had them fail within a couple of years, and new ones to last you another couple of years are around a grand (the old over engineered ones are no longer made)

Luckily when they sent me the recall letter many years back, I did not get the recall done and after hearing how quickly the replacements fail, ill be in no hurry to have mine done, unless I can keep the motors they take out (they wont, I checked)
Anyway, just my two pence worth, regards

This one is NOT a service campaign but a full safety recall controlled by VOSA and therefore does not run out of time (royd999).

I know of another 993 that had to weight 3months for the replacement parts and they would not have arrived any sooner if it was going to be a cash job

I would have thought so.....They check the vin number

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back