Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anglesey, North Wales

ANGLESEY, North Wales

• 5 Stars out of 5 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 3 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 2 Stars out of 5 Stars

• 1 Stars out of 5 Stars

• Total voters

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Please review this Trackday Circuit on this thread........

Anglesey Circuit
Ty Croes
Anglesey
LL63 5TF

http://www.angleseycircuit.com/index.html

Anglesey.jpg

Re: Angelesy Track day 17th April 2011.

Cunno said:
So as mentioned above myself and a couple of like minded mates had a weekend in Wales to do a TD at Anglesey and peddle the local Tarmac.
Got Back late last night after a great trip. Weather was amazing, first dry track day of the year, and in Wales :?
Started off At Demon Tweaks, to buy a new helmet, and then followed some of the better back roads to the Evo triangle. Great bit of tarmac very little traffic or police and about every type of corner, camber and surface change that a car can handle in 16 miles of tarmac. No wonder EVO mag test cars here.
We then took the long way round to Anglesey through the national park etc where we found even more incredible tarmac. Only down side being, that since it was the start of School Holidays, traffic was restricting the fun. Next year we will probably go for a mid week TD.

Sunday we arrived at Anglesey circuit and the sun was shining, +20C by mid day. The circuit we drove was the national circuit, 2.1m long and a combination of fast and slow corners cambers and elevation changes. Not the fast track out there, but very technical and tricky to get right.

Starting from the pit straight the first corner is named Turn 1, a fast left hander in third gear, in the 7GT3. A quick dab on the brakes on turn in and then back on the power all the way round to the Banking.
The Banking in basically a banked 180 degree corner. Essential to get a good exit to maximise your speed down to Church.
Now according to Johnny from Bookatrack drivers briefing, this is a 105mph turn in corner in a well sorted car with a driver who has balls. After my first attempt, I bravely decided my car isn't well sorted and I'm a wimp :sad:
90mph was about the quickest I got to, but soon as you have the car turned in you can stay on the power through school and up to rocket. This is the quickest section and great fun stretching the legs on the 3. The next 2 corners rocket and peel are all second gear stuff from one to the other, you then drop down to Corkscrew / Seamans which is off camber and difficult to get right before you head down the straight to the Hairpin. This is another 180 degree corner with plenty of run off, so you can explore the limits.
The final corner is the Bus stop, a left hander which is off camber and has the pit wall on the inside to keep you honest.

All in all a great little track with plenty to keep you interested, with some of the best views ever. Will be going back next year.

Jon C

images2_182.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back